T&J Travels #9: Kuala Lumpur & Melaka 2017 (Part 3)

[gallery ids="6062,6063,6064,6065,6066,6067,6068,6069,6070" type="rectangular"]

Some of the places we passed as we walked down; crab balls and F&N drink (I missed this especially their ginger ale!) ; KTM Chip ; Train Station


Instead of waiting for the Hop On Hop Off bus or take another cab, we walked the entire hill. Halfway through we were laughing why we didn't wait for it instead of taking the long way down. This though made me realize how you could burn the entire day and won't have enough time because there are a lot of attractions nearby. There's tons of museums, botanical gardens, a planetarium and a TV station (not sure if they do tours) all walking distance with each other. We'd probably finish everything on our next visit.  As of writing we didn't get the chance to visit their Aquarium. For now we are going to look for KL's landmark: the Petronas Towers.


+ Petronas Towers +


IMG_0546.jpg

The view we witnessed that night is in front of Suria Mall. I could probably liken it to Greenbelt only that they have a really famous backdrop. We didn't bother looking for it on the other side (it's already evening, we are going to Melaka tomorrow) but we did manage to get decent photos of it when we walked further from the mall and onto the park where there are lesser visitors. This side however is not as symmetrical because you need to dodge neighbor buildings and leafy trees. There's also the dancing fountain in front of the Suria Mall which you could enjoy while you take a break ogling at the towers.


IMG_0549

We tried taking selfies with the towers but given the darkness and our still non-experience in taking selfies, the results are nothing we have hoped. I am just glad I was able to take a decent photo of the tower. Technically you could get an unobstructed view on the other side, but we didn't go there anymore. Again, next time maybe?


We didn't bother going up the Petronas towers too since Reagan read that the views is incomparable to what KL Tower could offer. I agreed to this I trust his research skills (and maybe we could save that for another time).


+ Nando's +


I saw Nando's from a TV show before and wondered how their chicken tasted. Said show is based in the U.K. and knowing that I won't be going there anytime soon, and Nando's is like in front of us already, we decided to go in.


20171227_203904


There was nothing exceedingly stand out with the food (their brownies did taste good) but as for the overall experience I am quite disappointed. I attribute this to lack of understanding between us and the waiters who misunderstood what we wanted even if there was already two of them asking for our orders. The first one even wrote an item we never requested.


I would like to go back but probably not in that branch.


Unlike the people I know, we didn't even window shopped. I might have on my own but that would mean me being my compulsive self, buying anything I could afford. We got home via train and walked from there. Looming over us is the KL Tower that changes it's colors from time to time (or day to day we are not sure), taunting us to get to see her up close. Just wait.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

T&J Weds: Getting a License at the Mandaluyong City Hall during the Pandemic (2021)

TME: Getting your NBI Clearance Easy

SNAP: BPI Express Credit Card: Ridiculously fast.