T&J Travels #9: Kuala Lumpur & Melaka 2017 (Part 9)

20171229_224030

+ Alor Night Market +

We got a GRAB from KL Tower which costed less than a 100PHP even though it's a bit traffic nearing there. Our driver fortunately knows alley ways so he was able to get us as near as possible.


The entire strip is filled with different cuisines where some are even exotic. We walked a bit and settled at somewhere that serves other dishes than purely shrimp or chicken. It's been days I don't feel good I feel like eating those would irritate me further and my cold would graduate to asthma.


Back in the Philippines, I discovered a saucy noodle dish I never thought I would love: Char Kway Teow. I told Reagan about it but we never had a chance to try it in the Philippines. It wasn't hard to convince him for us to try it and so glad it didn't disappoint. I know it does have shrimp but this is probably better than the other options available. On another day I would love to try those other dishes they have. I remembered loving the spicy seafood back in SG.


20171229_22041920171229_220422

I also love clams (halaan in Tagalog) so why not order clam soup while we're at it. It lacks the familiar ginger flavor but it felt good on the throat. Tiger beer was also ordered by Reagan and I got me something that looked new in my eyes: Strongbow Elderflower flavor. I was supposed to get apple cider but this is the only flavor available so I tried it as recommendation. It was good. It didn't have the bitter aftertaste I was expecting at all. We also got us fried frog. Yes. FRIED. FROG. You know what? Once you get past the look of it, it does taste like chicken.


When we're done there are more street food available and what caught our fancy was this simple fried fruits. I saw cold treats but my throat couldn't handle them so we just got these. This is also the first time I ate durian. It is weird that I have to come a long way to try even though I've already went to the Durian capital of the Phils. Maybe it was because it was fried but it wasn't as bad after all. But then the flavor is too intense for me I could only take one serving of it. Good thing Reagan and I shared the last piece. To me it is now like how I treat olives and jalapenos. Tiny servings of it are OK.


20171229_224650

After eating we walked for a while and found how alive the area is still at this hour. There are also boutiques that are open for sale. There was even an event in front of Mcdonalds, maybe there's a famous actor or performer there. There are also last minute sales but I don't find shopping comfortable with the boyfriend is around.


We went home a bit late than usual but it was worth all the walking. Tomorrow's our last day and we still have one place to go I've been meaning to see for a long time ever since I saw it on Amazing Race when I was younger: Batu Caves.

Comments

  1. […] they dropped the full season at Netflix on my birthday. I wasn’t able to watch it on the day being on another country and all but as soon as I got my bearings, I got through the entire season in about 3 days. I have even […]

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

T&J Weds: Getting a License at the Mandaluyong City Hall during the Pandemic (2021)

TME: Getting your NBI Clearance Easy

SNAP: BPI Express Credit Card: Ridiculously fast.