Black Mirror (Season 4)

bm_s4_uss_31

It's safe to say that most who watched this had to google if he was in fact Matt Damon with prosthetics. Yes, me included.


It felt  so amazing that they dropped the full season at Netflix on my birthday. I wasn't able to watch it on the day being on another country and all but as soon as I got my bearings, I got through the entire season in about 3 days. I have even finished the series even before I got rid of all my stuff splayed about on my floor.


The overall feel of the entire season was like getting a box of assorted chocolates. Of all the seasons, 4 was more diverse and even though they show you that all of the anthologies were all part of the same universe, it couldn't even be more different.


In this season, my most favorite would have to be USS Callister and the least is Metalhead.  Don't get me wrong, Metalhead is still watchable but I didn't have the slightest empathy for the character regardless of what they made of the ending. The tone and color of the episode was impressive but the plot was always BM's strong suit. I couldn't care less how artistic their cinematography is. Also to take note S4 is easier to watch than S3 which took me a much longer time to finish because it was horribly relatable. Next favorites are Crocodile - simple and more Twilight Zone-like and of course, Black Museum. To me it's a version of the Christmas Special and the only way to wrap a season.


What I do hate right now is how they've suddenly gained popularity. Don't get me wrong I'd rather have the show renewed because of it but I hated how in the Philippines' subreddit everyone is practically name dropping BM on all circumstances like as if it's something cool to be known that you watch. I hate how at the slightest anecdote it had to be BM just for the sake of, it doesn't even make sense anymore. Argh! Monkey needs a hug!


 

Image from Entertainment Weekly

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

T&J Weds: Getting a License at the Mandaluyong City Hall during the Pandemic (2021)

TME: Getting your NBI Clearance Easy

SNAP: BPI Express Credit Card: Ridiculously fast.