Things I Learned From the Internets: Free Lottery in Taiwan

taiwan_receipts


While browsing I saw a PAL ad on seat sales for this year. I know I am not allowed to even look (I promised Reagan I would not book anything again) but seeing that the travel dates is up to Dec 30 of this year, I thought it would be safe to look into it since it is 10 months away (and I would like to make it a thing to go on a birthday leave). Initially I went on to Beijing but there were no seats left. I tried Xiamen though I'm not sure what to see there but even then still no results. After trying Chinese countries that either I haven't heard before or none left, I ended up going to SkyScanner to look for what is still available on my preferred dates. That's when I saw that if I book now, we can get 6k++ tickets via Eva Air to Taiwan! I was so excited I immediately looked for possible places to go.


No beach / water places - check; Trains - check; Food - check; Museums - check!! And then on one of my scrolls I saw Taiwan Receipt Lottery. It piqued my interest and went on to read it. Apparently receipts in Taiwan all have numbers on top that represent numbers that are raffled for everyone, including foreigners. It was said that they've done this to encourage businesses to issue receipts. In part this would also make consumers ask for receipts all the time in hopes of winning.


I thought this is a brilliant idea! Why are we (Filipinos) not funding this? For a country that patronizes lotto this would totally work. Now, how do I plant this on PDuterte's head?



Image: http://www.intelliot.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/taiwan_receipts.jpg

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

T&J Weds: Getting a License at the Mandaluyong City Hall during the Pandemic (2021)

TME: Getting your NBI Clearance Easy

SNAP: BPI Express Credit Card: Ridiculously fast.