Davao 2017 (Part 2)

A quick siesta to regain our strength, we went out for dinner nearby. But first we walked towards the City hall where a speech rally was happening. There were food stalls near and more barbecue places but we chose to go to this buffet I heard so much about.


+ Chippens +

We went there via taxi since I'm not sure if we can manage the walk there hungry. When we arrived I was stunned to see Lyndon's World's Worst Ribs. It got a lot of reviews as well but that night I was hoping to get us seafood hence still the choice.


[gallery ids="4795,4797,4798,4799" type="square" columns="2"]

Inside was a bit semi-formal than hoped. It was a buffet but they have like waiters and mantels. Unfortunately for me and our youngest, not a single seafood dish insight. But we thought it rude to leave so we ended up eating there anyway.


Buffet is cheap by our standards, it was 1404PHP for 3pax. There wasn't anything I liked so much on the buffet table but the food was just ok. There were also plenty of desserts too but none of those I fell in love with.


When we arrived in front of Chippens, Aldevinco was still open. We came out past 7 and the complex was already closed! I would have liked to look around since some of the ITs I've seen have added this and I wondered what might be found here that can be regarded as a tourist spot.


+ People's Park +


20170225_195005


We're still full so we can't eat anything out of the street food right in front of Aldevinco. A few steps forward and there's Ateneo and Marco Polo. According to my maps, People's Park is walkable from here so went.


By now it's almost 8 and there are less people than what Manila looks like around this time. Majority of the shops are closed too. When we finally saw the park there where still a few families around, and what do you know? More food choices. Probably a good idea to remember the next time we visit.


Symbols abound the park as expected, durian and the eagle to name a few. There are also a lot of scupltures here which we will find on our last day to be made by one of the city's beloved sons, Kublai.


It's possible that they've just shut off all the water features or on maintenance so other than everything is just a bit dark, there's not much we can take photos of. Maybe it would be better on a festival day.


By now we've already exhausted our night and nowhere to go. We followed our map even though I was a bit skeptic in following it because our first path will lead us to an alley that years of living in the city made me think of us not reaching the other side unscathed. I mean, 3 tourist girls with no one to look for us, that sounds like a news headline tomorrow! But when we saw a few kids go that way, we just went with them like as if we're a part of the group and what do you know, we are still fine.


When we came back I was able to contact Sir Diego who was referred by the receptionist at the hotel. I was astounded at the prices! This was the first time I saw this kind of pricing and this was way cheaper than what most online sites I've researched for. Will talk about it more on the next post.



Comments

  1. […] It is weird that I have to come a long way to try even though I’ve already went to the Durian capital of the Phils. Maybe it was because it was fried but it wasn’t as bad after all. But then the flavor is too […]

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

T&J Weds: Getting a License at the Mandaluyong City Hall during the Pandemic (2021)

TME: Getting your NBI Clearance Easy

SNAP: BPI Express Credit Card: Ridiculously fast.