STORYTIME! "Gallstones", "Ulcers" and Abdominal Pains

Last last week have been a blur. It consisted of checkups, medicines and pains in between. It all started when I had diarrhea on a weekend and everything after that was just pain. I was only in the office for 2 days! In that one week I've probably had my quota of medicines for a year, I've maxed out my HMO and my boyfriend is vindicated on what he suspected for so long-- high cholesterol.


pink-coral


Yes that's a photo of a coral. I've tried looking for an image of a polyp both found in the body and otherwise and none of it doesn't look appealing nor trigger my fear of holes.


Speaking of suspicions, my last talk with a gastro (FINALLY! How can they be so rare?) has not yet confirmed on what has really transpired to me that week. My ultrasound looks good except for two things: I have a small polyp that is not a verified gallstone and a fatty liver. She was saying that it's either I have an ulcer or this is really a small gallstone I'm harboring. What made her suspicious of it is because I'm pointing to my gall bladder to where I say hurts (I only realized this when I googled where my gallbladder is).


However, the reason why she's not 100% sure is I don't exhibit pain radiating to the back and I've never been close to vomiting in 6 days. I was able to get a gastro by Sunday). But that does not take away to an issue I should address. She says cholesterol feeds gallstones and if I don't do something about my diet, it's possible for it to grow more / multiply which is an expensive ordeal (surgery). And she mentioned CT scans are expensive (16k) and that was enough for me to think, "yeah, I do need to diet". But not too much though, gallstones act up on drastic changes on either lose / gain and I was limited to lose 5 lbs a month. I'm not sure if I could lose that fast with the combination of breakfast oats + light exercise + salad dinners but on my 3rd day I haven't moved an inch off (I think based on my really old scale) so I guess it's as regulated as it should. Lunch is a combination of half brown rice + veg + any meat and then by snacks I always have an apple a day. I have now just incorporated adding small snacks that would keep me satiated when I've been out of food for too long (like when I'm still in the office at 7PM or at 10AM when my stomach's already grumbling).


I just hope that those small changes in lifestyle does lose me a bit of weight until I feel comfortable digging on a burger+fries combo WHICH I am so missing right now. Can't wait till June to know if all these staying away from greasy and sugary foods make my insides in tip top shape. Not expecting any abs from this but if my tiny polyp decides to get out of my gallbladder through a miracle, WHY NOT?



Image: http://images.wisegeek.com/pink-coral.jpg

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

T&J Weds: Getting a License at the Mandaluyong City Hall during the Pandemic (2021)

TME: Getting your NBI Clearance Easy

SNAP: BPI Express Credit Card: Ridiculously fast.