Wicked (02.17.2017)

13467856_1343252825690455_461789244_o

 

I don't think I would pass another opportunity for a Wicked fix. I missed out on their last run here so might as well say yes when my boss is eager to watch it too!

+ Solaire Theater +

A bit too steep for my taste. I appreciate where we sat (1st row of the 2nd floor, by the ledge. The 4k++ one) but the ledge handles are obstructing a few inches of my view. What I meant by this is that when the singers go right at the edge of the stage considering my height, I need to lean a bit just for the full view. A taller guy wouldn't have this problem. Anyhow, if the chance may arise again I would probably choose this still. The acoustics are audible at this height anyway and leaning a bit is not so much as a deal breaker. I'd rather here than let's say the 10 seats above me.

+ Wicked +

They came in strong, I definitely have my favorites: both the leads are good and Fiero. Now that I'm writing this I realized that this long hair guy is Disney prince in real life, his voice is ready for swooning!

Unlike those who watched it before me, this night we had two Elphebas. My boss and I didn't hear what happened but at the 2nd act it was a different girl. Both were equally excellent although I'm not sure how the last one would fare on the Defying Gravity climax because our first was mind blowing.

15803507_1255677911218297_771590775942152192_n
+ What Irritated me this time +

There are two contenders!

First was my immediate seatmate who weirdly enough whenever we clap she has to clap the hardest. For that tiny frame I don't get where that exaggeration came from. At the end of the play she was furiously clapping and kept looking back at the rest of the audience possibly hoping for anyone to give a standing ovation so she can join in. Unfortunately none did and she didn't have enough balls to start.

The second was a pair, a girl and possibly her father who is on a duet on songs they specifically liked. I can tune them out (thank heavens for great acoustics of the theater), more so when I close my left ear. They are on a row above us on my left and were loud enough to reach me in front. My boss was laughing at me at this development (practically everyone knows this pet peeve of mine to shut up in these type of events) while I kept to myself resisting any urge to confront them. I don't consider myself an eternally good person but I'm not that evil to break this "magic" between the pair that might be a moment the daughter would remember until she is old. I wouldn't want to be that person who she would recall spoiling their experience.

A day later all the songs in the Wicked playlist (in Spotify) made more sense other than what I heard from the renditions in Glee. I might as well do a tradition on this and watch this in the future with a different cast because I truly had a beautiful experience.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

T&J Weds: Getting a License at the Mandaluyong City Hall during the Pandemic (2021)

TME: Getting your NBI Clearance Easy

SNAP: BPI Express Credit Card: Ridiculously fast.