Gadget Review: FujiFilm XT100





When we had our trip last August, I was utterly shocked when my old Canon camera started acting up. I didn't get to use it for the days we were at HK, which was truly unfortunate because I would really love that I could use my camera in taking photos. Hence when we came back, I thought maybe it's time for me to get a new camera!

I really love the vintage looks of Fujifilm and I would like to try a different brand this time. When I was scouring the net I ended up liking the XT100.

Unboxing






I haven't had a camera for a long time so I'm stoked with all the features it has. It can send through wifi, which means I don't have to transfer photos manually to laptop or to phone when my SD card is full. When we went to Japan I took so many photos that thank goodness the bf had the foresight to bring a card reader and an adaptor so I could put some in my phone in our downtime to free space. The only downside with this is at times it's hard to control the transfer. I haven't mastered it yet, but hopefully they could fix all the kinks soon enough.

Another great feature is how you could essentially have different angles on the LCD screen. This is especially handy when let's say you would like to take a front face photo or even hard to reach places.



Also one of my non-negotiables for cameras is that they have to be lightweight. I love that it's not that hard to lug around nor use it. I don't want my wrists hurting with a DSLR and thought that this mirrorless option is great. It's compact yet powerful enough to compete even with a lens.

Speaking of lenses, it's replaceable but I am not able to try different ones yet other than what's on the box. I'm an amateur photographer and a lazy one at that which means I don't want to have multiple lenses on me while on a trip. I'd probably look for a lens hood because I kept on shielding it as we walk and a polarizing lens for better photos at museums.

The provided batteries are kind of OK. I was able to burn through 3 batteries in one day, the last two are just replacements. I tested it by not turning it off as we walk around (it does sleep, but it's still open, you just need to press the shoot button) and I only got a few hours with it. Learning that I might as well close it entirely when I'm not shooting anything.

The colors are crisp, I love the ease of use (which I still have to master the controls because there is just too many!) and this would sound shallow, but the shooting sound gives me some joy. I'm absolutely in love with my new camera. Here's to more adventures ahead!

Price: 34989.96 in Camerahaus Megamall

Sample Shots: No Filters!










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

T&J Weds: Getting a License at the Mandaluyong City Hall during the Pandemic (2021)

TME: Getting your NBI Clearance Easy

SNAP: BPI Express Credit Card: Ridiculously fast.