Gadget Review: Ipad Pro





I just bought my new camera weeks back and honestly I shouldn't even had considered buying it if it weren't for the swap promo of Power Mac Center. See I have this old Ipad which I don't use anymore due to it not updating to the latest software and it's been months and months of me salivating over Procreate in my YT feed and thought why the hell not. 

Swapity Swap

Unfortunately in my first attempt to visit, there weren't any of the Ipads available but I've already gone to the process of swapping and I don't want to go home with it again. It's supposed to be valued at 5k BUT my good sister gave it back to me with the speakers not working anymore. Which is why at the end it was only valued around 1500 I think which I had to use ON THE DAY to buy the Apple Pencil bringing back the price a bit lower. Reagan's teasing me that my smile should be bigger the next day when I eventually get home with the Ipad. For now I go home with the new pencil, the old charger and the case, which as I was told they won't receive, they just needed the gadget. I recalled supposed to having it serviced a few months back to resolve the speaker since it's still smooth, no scratches or whatsoever but they refused and told me to have it replaced instead. Insert roll eyes. 




Why did I even

And so the day came. I hated that when I was already at the cashier I was told that the 5% discount is applied ONLY TO CASH transactions. I mean how could I possibly withdraw 80k, my bank would not allow me! So I ended up putting it on straight credit, and only got a 3% discount. I'm still a bit pissed with this, but it did make me feel like the Screen Protector and the Apple Pencil friendly case somewhat free with the discount. As I was walking out of the store I'm at conflict with myself, I'm pissed that all of my OTs last weeks would resulted to this, BUT I'M HAPPY now that I'm taking home that one gadget I've been meaning to get for MONTHS. Now I will definitely shut up about it.

This is probably a review 

As mentioned earlier, this is not my first Ipad so I am quite familiar with it but not to this version as much. There's now a lack of button in front, it's bigger (and heavier? not sure) and definitely brighter. The colors just pop even with a screen protector. There are also more gestures involved in using this (due to again, the lack of the button), multiple screens are allowed (I usually just use two) and one of the best features IN ANY GADGET EVER, Face Recognition. In all of my devices (sans this laptop I'm using, but yes to the one in the office)  I utilize it to unlock, which is as to say I'm now dependent on. I feel it much more secure that it only needs my face to open and easier too. When my sister had to use my phone she just points it to me and leaves me alone instead of me hiding my pins for her not to see.




While I was buying it I was offered to get a keyboard but I see no point in using it to type (although I would like to have it for reasons, maybe next year when I stop buying things I shouldn't!!) because I already have a machine for it. What I'm pretty much stoked at is me being able to use it to draw! Gosh I'm not really good AFAIK, but being able to practice without prepping too much tools (different pencils, etc) is a wonderful choice. I could also practice calligraphy here without buying different nibs or pens anymore and I have unlimited choices of color. Of course the first software I bought for this baby is Procreate which is quite cheap. I don't know why they priced like so. Anyways I'm loving it when I'm feeling artsy. 

Camera is good too, even the front facing one. Here's an obligatory selfie which I'm not too comfortable making:




Sounds are awesome, but I have not yet bought earphones for this. Why are the accessories so expensive, Apple? I might get a different product so I can use it to watch my shows when I'm out of the house. Larger screen, better screen in streaming I say. 

I bit the bullet getting a larger storage, I was only aiming for 32 GB, ended up getting 256 GB, but knowing what happened with my phone, and as I've said, I'm going to use this primarily for doodling so I won't have to worry running out of space for a long time. So far I haven't reached a quarter of the space, which is good, because I'm so used to large storage in any device by now.




So far (this is written months later, the Ipad was bought last September) I don't have issues with it, probably the battery? But that's a given, since I like my brightness cranked up high but it's not as awful as others may say. I've gone a huge change in my going to office habits* so basically this is most often left at home and I only get to recharge it probably after 2-3 days in idle. I use it before I go to sleep in various activities, drawing, trying that piano tutorial and even reading Tae Kim's Japanese guide. If anything I love going home to it, tiny inches of progress with my hobbies, and yes, a larger screen for playing Sim City is a plus.




* It started when I was running late to the office and only grabbed the following: my keys, phone, ID, loose change and some paper bills and stuck all in my pockets. Basically I'm going to the office with just the minimum stuff, I don't even have a bag since I reckon I don't need it anyway. I don't even bring cards with me other than Beep, I have two reserve umbrellas at my station when I need it too. It's been weeks now and frankly, I'm loving the freedom. 

** While I was looking at my Photos I see the lack of unboxing pics so there really isn't much in this post. I was even more surprised I didn't use my new camera for this. 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

T&J Weds: Getting a License at the Mandaluyong City Hall during the Pandemic (2021)

TME: Getting your NBI Clearance Easy

SNAP: BPI Express Credit Card: Ridiculously fast.