CAVITE DIARIES: Nurture Wellness Village (06.12.2022)

I think our life now involves a weekend in Tagaytay since it's the closest we can go to where it's easier for us to come home after. I was mulling in grabbing a 3 day stay BUT I'm still iffy leaving our house unattended for that long and not to mention the landscaped plants outside of the house, who would water them?! We eventually decided the last minute (this is almost literal) to just book a place for overnight for our upcoming Anniversary on Tuesday. My office is on a holiday on the 13th so we thought maybe we could celebrate earlier than on Tuesday so I don't need to file for an absence. 




+ The Booking +

Saturday night Reagan found Nurture Wellness Village. I told him I've been there before with my family but as I would witness firsthand it has changed a lot (to be fair we went there 2016 pa). He tried calling all the numbers and eventually PM'd them via FB. Their replies are very slim and the night came and went, they still haven't replied to him that bore any semblance to an actual booking. I PM'd them as well that night in hopes they'd reply to me as well.



We're at the top room!

  

Sunday morning and still no reply. We already had brunch. I started washing the dishes when they replied to Reagan that they are going to call. Some minutes later they've also replied to my message and has told me the price (it's also on their website). When I mentioned paying, they've immediately sent me a link via Paypal-- which was quite amusing to me, it's rare to find a local establishment that utilizes Paypal and not a GCash number / bank deposit number (not even QR codes). So anyways we have already paid but not for the package that we want. We wanted the Romantiko package (14k) but got Ulayaw instead (12k) because it's the only available one that time. 


+ The Package +

We got a room that is above another room. You have to use the stairs so if you have issues with using one, maybe discuss it before booking. It's very near the Spas and I'm not sure with this but I think the room we got is supposed to have it's own spa at the bottom floor but just to accommodate us they just gave us a vacant room.



I actually liked it being there though, the views on the windows around is a different view of the village. We can see the pool from the bath, the camping grounds on the left of the bed and the spas on the right. It's also quiet except for the sounds of nature all around of course.

The package is inclusive of an overnight stay at one of the rooms, couples massage, breakfast for two and a 1, 300 PHP voucher dining package. 








The room has a large day bed near the window, perfect if you have kids that are big enough to get their own bed. The room's other amenities include four (I think)  power outlets, a cabinet with 4 hangers (yay!) and an umbrella, a TV with cable which you can cast stuff to as well, coffee and tea section, a phone, a large mirror, an emergency flashlight near the bed and a built in hair dryer. The bath has 2 large and thick towels, a hand towel, a puck of soap, 2 pairs of: toothbrush, toothpaste, glass, shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, lotion. There's a bidet and a roll of toilet paper. The water temperature when hot is very good to the skin and easy to control which makes up for the water pressure that is not as hard as I want, but understandable so no one would waste too much water.




+ The Dinner + 

Beforehand we were already advised to NOT get ourselves stuffed before the massage. We were given a 6PM dinnertime and 8PM appointment for the massage so you could say the time is already tight. But we haven't had lunch and it's our first time to try their famous Farmer's Table (name of the restaurant) so we got a little crazy ordering again. Actually it's Reagan's fault (it's my blog he doesn't know I'm saying this, OK?) because when we were told that none of the Pizzas are available he opted for corn soup in bread bowl. 



Why does this soup taste like spaghetti?!



Once we consumed the soup and bread our 2 remaining orders came: Pancit Hacienda and Tinapa Croquettes. We are already full at this point.

We both loved the pansit. It gave me another restaurant idea (I always do this whenever we eat out): a buffet of ONLY Cavite dishes from coastal to uplands. I just need an investor for this haha! Anyways, I really loved the way it tasted. It's both new and familiar to the palate. Even if you haven't tried it, for as long as you're familiar with Pinoy dishes, this is truly good enough. I just hope we can ask for more crunchy liempo. We didn't get to finish it because a butterfly landed on it while eating. There's still a small serving left and we used it as an alibi that an insect touched our food so we won't finish it anymore but actually it's more like we already feel like throwing up because we're already full.

The tinapa croquettes are also OK, but maybe something I would not order again, not because it's not delicious but it's too heavy to the tongue, probably because of the cream cheese? I'm not sure. There's also 6 pieces so we had to devour 3. I was already done in 1.  

I also love their Ube Langka Milktea even though I can't taste any tea. 

Our total bill was 1600++, to which we only paid 300. If you're dining here with the 1300 credits, DO NOT FORGET TO MENTION IT. Our waiter was a bit oblivious and gave us a larger bill the first time. 

It's already 730. My stomach is already a balloon.


+ The Massage + 

Exactly 8PM a masseuse already knocked at our door. She had to wait because Reagan hasn't brushed his teeth yet. We were ushered to a room on the spa area when we're ready. It's a short walk but going to and fro and you are not allowed to wash your body back... you need to take care not to have your feet drag in dirt so you won't take it to bed. 



The room is quiet (they didn't have sounds but they have a speaker) and simple. There's a small bathroom and a cabinet for belongings and clothes. This is my first time having my body somewhat naked seen and touched by another person that isn't my husband so I'm a bit nervous. There's also the matter with me being ticklish. 

I haven't mentioned it earlier but when we were checking in, they gave us a form which serves as a waiver for health issues and a request sheet of areas of concern in the massage session. Reagan said that he thought he'll get more time on that particular area at the back but it wasn't granted as he hoped. Mine was, I got a girl who won't treat me like pan de sal dough. 



We finished around 930 with a "pandan" tea that is not hot nor tastes like one. It's a very faint flavor so I can't appreciate it as much. Maybe they ran out of hot water and pandan leaves? Who knows. 

We walked back to our room (mind you we have to use the stairs) and I felt like I jogged for quite a while. After brushing my teeth and changing to sleeping clothes I hit the sack asap. Even Reagan who was laughing at the show on the TV had in a few minutes already snoring. Time to turn it off and sleep.


+ The Breakfast +

Unlike other places where you get a breakfast buffet, they give you a plate of your meat choice (tapa, longganisa, danggit) + 2 eggs (cooked your way) + 2 grilled tomatoes and atsara. I got danggit. It was excellent. The portions are satisfying. The breakfast package also comes with a tray of 4 pieces of bread, a pineapple spread and a pesto butter spread. There's also a cup of fruits. Coffee and tea are also served. 


There's more tapa there even if doesn't look like it





At this point I have cemented the truth of why the Farmer's table is very much loved. Even though the prices are a bit on the pricey side, it's kind of warranted because they're not scrimping on their servings and their flavors are really good. I mean even their turmeric tea is not just mixed powder. No wonder even on a Monday (this is when we checked out) their parking is almost full by lunch time. People really flock a good place no matter where it is. 






+ Extra! +

Just as when we're leaving our car suddenly won't start. We requested for help from their parking attendant who was able to see the problem and we didn't need to change batteries. I was about to say that we always get bad luck when we stay at Tagaytay, but not this time!


+ Ending +

I don't know if the massage is really good (I have no point of reference for now so I'm holding my judgement in the future when I get more experience) but the stay and the food are so we know there's an excellent place to stay in Tagaytay we would surely enjoy. If anything I think the only hiccup we experienced was the placement of booking and nothing more. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

T&J Weds: Getting a License at the Mandaluyong City Hall during the Pandemic (2021)

TME: Getting your NBI Clearance Easy

SNAP: BPI E-Prepaid Credit Card (12.23.11)