Shopping: Simply Modular PH

I talked this over with Reagan who told me to wait a few days to ensure that I'm really decided. I knew I was the first time I've held a sample of those panels so I just spent that time planning on what configuration I would like to have and obsessing what kit I would buy. They had a 10% promo back then and my plan was to get 2 sets of 15+6 to a bargain price of 15k++! I only added around 900++ of additional stuff because my kit only had specific number of items.




I already have a plan but on the day that we were there I am not sure how to tell the guys what I wanted because I have not seen something like it yet. What I did was show them close representations of what I want via samples over the net, a combination of display, bookshelf and a small workstation. Through this they've computed the things that I would need, how many panels, L and door joints, foot pads.

On the night we got it, we've already started to assemble them. Here's what we learned:

1. If you need to remove the L joints, pulling them UP is easier than by the side.
2. Plan which goes next to which so you don't need to remove to fit the next piece. Remember you are dealing with L joints. You can't possibly put a piece next to one if it's already closed.
3. To remove an already placed panel, push from the inside like as if you're punching it.
4. Easiest way to do it is always do the square first, then the back panel and then the front (if you have doors)
5. Back panels are important! Remember that it would be much much more sturdy if all panels are supported by another panel. I initially though that I could save money by not putting one BUT adding a back panel really does wonders!
6. The panels themselves are not heavy but when assembled it is! Make sure you get help!
7. If you can, visit them as much as possible so they could compute you your needs. Since we didn't follow what I told them I'd do, I ended up with extras, 2 long, 2 short, a connector, 4 foot pads and some L joints. It was just enough to get me a small table with storage.






I'm still planning if I wanted my entire unit filled with more of it but I'd probably hold on for now and enjoy my new cabinet. I love that my Calvin and Hobbes finally have a home because it was too heavy I couldn't place it anywhere. I also love that my sembo blocks are finally in one area. I love that I now have a small workstation for crafting and my laptop.

So what am I waiting for next? I hope they offer 7x7s in the future because it would make it the perfect place for my paperbacks and at the back of my sofa. I hope they could make one someday!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

T&J Weds: Getting a License at the Mandaluyong City Hall during the Pandemic (2021)

TME: Getting your NBI Clearance Easy

SNAP: BPI E-Prepaid Credit Card (12.23.11)