Shopping: Owndays




Some weeks back I've now gotten a new pair of glasses. The one I currently use already have recognizable scratches and I thought maybe it's time for another prescription. The one nearest my house is Ojo but I don't get a lot of good reviews from there and I am not keen in buying from the traditional ones too (EO, Vision Express) for a very good reason I'd say in a bit. I ended up going to Owndays since it's on my walking route.

I'm anxious in going to shops where there are more assistants than buyers so it took a long time to finally look around. When I did I just decided to suck it up and look at some frames. I was so nervous in fact that I got one of the first frames I was presented. Not until my eye exam was over did I ask if I could still change frames because I fondly remember it not framing my face well. I'm not sure if my assistant hated that I chose a frame almost 2k less but hey, in all fairness to me I did end up with something that look similar to the one I currently use (only with a different color). Which is why I know I'm already old because I resist too much change!

Here's a step by step on getting your new glasses at Owndays!

1. First, find a frame you'd like. All Frames have prices attached to them so it would be easy for you to decide if it's within your budget. IIRC, the most expensive ones are around 12k++.
2. If you have glasses they'd ask for it to check your current prescription. 
3. Next is the eye checkup. I don't know with other shops but the ones I used to go to didn't have that much eye tests. 
4. Payment
5. Wait for your frames to be fitted with your lenses. 

I paid almost 5k for my frames with free cleaning, a year of warranty and free change of lenses when you were incorrectly prescribed. I liked that they have this included because traditional shops do not offer this. I remembered paying twice for my current glasses because the first ones I got was too wrong for me. It's somewhere in my cabinet gathering dust. Imagine spending 7k for lenses you could not use.

My overall experience with them is excellent. Their staff are very knowledgeable and their customer service is superb. I might as well get another pair from them next time. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

T&J Weds: Getting a License at the Mandaluyong City Hall during the Pandemic (2021)

TME: Getting your NBI Clearance Easy

SNAP: BPI E-Prepaid Credit Card (12.23.11)