T&J Travels #10: Japan 2018 (Part 5)

+ Umeda Sky Building +

IMG_1331

The Umeda Sky Building is a long walk from Osaka station. It's also noticeably more modern than what we have witnessed earlier today which was laid back. It has a BGC feel to it wherein it feels more western and everything is tall and shiny.


The sky building is not exactly a tourist area, just the top floor so be mindful of where you go in. The entrance is actually near the back (this is if you came from Osaka station) where people will usher you on which elevators to take. We have arrived an opportune moment because the crowd has started to grow thick. By crowd I mean Koreans. I am not so sure why they are plenty of them in Japan but they are noticeably plenty on any tower we went to.


The floor at the top brought the child in me for only because of something as simple effect as glow in the dark pebbles or whatever it is they embedded the floor with. It's so cute! It's like walking on stars! It is also noticeable if you have any white on so if you're bringing kids make sure they wear something reflective.


IMG_1330

The building may not be tall but the view is still a beautiful sight to behold. And I think we may have spotted the Himeji Castle! We are not sure of this but it's unbelievable to be seen at this far (more than an hour travel difference). See if you can spot it below:


IMG_1352

Love locks is also one of my agendas here but unfortunately there is no one around when we went to the counter.


A quick look (and after a few purchases) we finally decided to descend which took us longer than usual due to the volume of people.


Price: 1000JPY per head

There's still time when we left so we decided to go somewhere near us to have dinner. The famous Dotonbori.


+ Dotonbori +


You've seen the photos, you've read the blogs. Of course when in you are in Osaka you need to pay homage to the Glico man. The street we came out in made it quite harder to look for the famous bridge but once we got there boy THIS IS WHERE EVERYONE IS. We are lucky to even find a spot to take a selfie!


IMG_1376

After I've got Reagan pose a handful of times just because I suck at any form of selfies, we decided to eat. We lost track of time that some stores have already ran out of stock. Based on blogs, Osaka is famous for their takoyaki balls and okonomiyaki so yes, we did that also. A quick snack at Kukuru (it was piping hot but I formed a technique that I could put in a hot takoyaki in my mouth and suck all the cold air to make it cooler for my mouth to take) we head off to a proper dinner at Tako Hachi where we had delicious okonomiyaki and yakisoba. For drinks Reagan had Asahi and I had Ramune melon soda. It was one of the unusual drinks I tried, more so the container. I wish I could take it home being unique and all.


IMG_1382

Kukuru 650JPY 6 pcs


[gallery ids="6305,6306,6307" type="rectangular"]

6050JPY : Yakisoba, Okonomiyaki, Ramune, Asahi


We were probably their last customers that from having a pack of people when we went up, there are now just a handful left. I am seriously glad we were able to still get home that late (now that I'm looking at the timestamps of my photos, we were seriously playing on time back then, and you'd understand once we get to the night we were out REALLY late at Tokyo)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

T&J Weds: Getting a License at the Mandaluyong City Hall during the Pandemic (2021)

TME: Getting your NBI Clearance Easy

SNAP: BPI Express Credit Card: Ridiculously fast.