T&J Travels #10: Japan 2018 (Part 2)

IMG_1298

Sorry Coke Vanilla, I just found my new favorite flavor in Japan!


We were supposed to start our tour as soon as we arrive but all of our schedules for the day were pushed because of the 2 hour delay. We did get a bottle of water, 2 Magic Flakes and Presto cookies from CebPac for the inconvenience. It's funny how some groups had to panic lining up for food in a fashion like as if they haven't eaten anything yet.


The immigration in Japan is quite easy albeit long. There are sometimes that the scanner fails to work, to which the Japanese at the machine commented "why is it always Chinese?" Yes. Reagan failed the first fingerprint scanner so he had to do it on the next counter.


When we arrived at Narita Airport, we were gauging on how cold it was. We didn't notice it via the airport to Tokyo transfer (Narita Express) too. But as soon as we found ourselves near the door at Tokyo station, we realized were not going to survive with what were wearing. What's more is I realized I have forgotten to bring sleeping clothes! I initially thought I've already brought everything since my luggage is already filled to the brim. Since we couldn't manage to get out of Tokyo Station to find the larger Uniqlo around the area, we were stuck with the smaller (non tax shop). After our initial shopping we found ourselves at character street! My hunger was replaced by my urge to buy compulsively stuff I won't need and we haven't been in Japan for long!


It took a huge effort on my part to stop myself from checking everything out. What we did was eat our first meals at one of the restaurants at the station. I got an omu rice (Reagan had curry). So far our first meals are awesome! We were also able to learn quick that in eating at restaurants, they leave you the check on the table and you have to bring it with you at the counter near the door for payment. Them taking your money and then back for your change is quite rare. This also prevents you from leaving any tips at the tables.


Before traveling to Osaka I also get to try a public toilet that had easily become my most favorite thing in Japan. Hot seats, abundant tissue, bidet, clean and best of all FREE. In our entire stay in Japan I think I have only encountered one toilet experience that wasn't at par with the rest and that is even forgivable because it was at a temple that doesn't even charge as much for their entrance fee.


+ ONKK Lions Apartment Mansion +

I though we were prepared in finding out where the apartment is. There was a video of how to get there but we couldn't find the places on it. There was a Mcdo but it was different from the Mcdo we were seeing. On our 2nd to last day in Osaka, we finally discovered said exit when we found ourselves lost at Shin-Osaka. It was indeed closer and at the same time cheaper that way. Initially our way was always at Higashimikuni that's why we always had to spend around 180Yen to and fro. It was also fully packed during rush hours too! I remembered our first day having to squeeze ourselves at the subway train ala-MRT. Anyways, I digress.


On our first night as well we were lucky to have been aided by a local who noticed us lost. Good thing she lives at the area because we already missed the entrance some steps. She walked us to where the apartment was.


From there we had to follow the rest of the instructions in getting the key, getting in, etc. The apartment is cute, there were a lot of cat decors. I also loved the smell each time we open the front door. The bed is enough for both of us and didn't feel cramped. I would have liked more pillows but so far I am OK with what was given. There's also abundant outlets for all the gadgets that need recharging and enough space for all our luggage and shopping bags.


IMG_20180201_224622511IMG_20180201_224742266

There's a kitchenette available but we never used that part other than the scissors at the cabinet. I hope someday they just replace it with a proper wardrobe so we don't have to constantly rummage our luggage for our clothes. I mean, who cooks on a vacation anyway? I know we won't. We'd rather have tons of hangers and hooks!

IMG_20180201_224753817

The toiletries available are shampoo, conditioner and body wash. They do provide towels but it's a bit thin and short. The tub is also easy to clog with fallen hair. I am glad Reagan proactively cleans it.

IMG_20180201_224903686

A few days in the aircon suddenly stopped blowing hot air. A freezing evening prompted us to seek for help from Isaac who solved our problem of a cold bed.


In our entire stay we never felt unsafe. It was indeed our home away from home. The location is amazing, we are in walking distance with so many konbini, fastfood and restaurants are a walking distance and a nearby supermarket. Before we left Osaka we finally got in (it's always closed when we come back home) as last customers. We got some snacks to take home from there since the things my officemates wanted me to buy are not available there. Also as we've learnt, you have to bring the cart back to where you got it.


Price: 10, 121.72 PHP (Inclusive of Cleaning fee)

 

Konbini - Convenience Stores

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

T&J Weds: Getting a License at the Mandaluyong City Hall during the Pandemic (2021)

TME: Getting your NBI Clearance Easy

SNAP: BPI Express Credit Card: Ridiculously fast.