T&J Travels #4: Hongkong-Macau 2016 (Part 2)

We took the cable car back and walked towards the CityGate Mall.  We roamed there a bit, found the "wife cookie" that have disappointed me as well and set ourselves to the MTR for our hotel check in.


 + Comfort Guest House E +


Before you guys raise your eyebrows, here's what happened. I was supposed to book a different hotel, I was actually eyeing one at Jordan but Reagan forwarded me an Agoda link for Comfort Guest House E. I REALLY THOUGHT he wanted us to book that one so I did until he told me that it was just a suggestion; WHICH I only learnt when we're on the room already. He was saying how the compound is to be avoided (according to reviews) at all cost, etc. We were actually so close to going to another hotel that I started looking for an available one nearby (even if it means losing our reservation here for 2 days) but it was just too necessary I was on panic mode. The thing is after we both took turns taking a bath we slept and didn't woke up until the morning I completely forgot to continue my hotel search. Other than that, we also missed the historic museum, ladies market and dinner. We were that exhausted.


27725479712_cd4529c46d_k


So anyways, the repulsion with Comfort Guest House E, or in my opinion all hostels at Chunking Mansions are things that are probably mundane to most, but to us, quite deal breakers.


First of, the environment. TST is supposed to be glitzy, new and shiny all over. Chunking Mansions is quite the opposite. It's like going in a Divisoria mall ONLY: smelly (food), dark and filled with sellers (Indians as opposed to Chinese). I have nothing against them okay, it was just the environment downstairs is not inviting for a holiday. This is the first time I've gotten us a hostel and it's nothing we would like to repeat anytime at all. The lifts are sort of dingy and cramped and slow and I suppose not as clean as I wanted it to seeing how all the trash is transported via there since they have no service lifts. Going through the maze is not a good experience as well that I wanted to go out really early and back too late when all the stalls are quiet and closed.


To my surprise the office where we checked in smelled good and clean and well lit. My hopes are up until we are directed elsewhere on a different block by the Mansion which is one of the many hotels the owner operates. When we reached the room we tried to hide our disappointment on how realistic the photos were. The room itself looks and smells really clean, BUT it's ridiculously too small. Like so tiny my condo unit is suddenly palatial. I need to have Reagan move so that I can get out of the bed and I can touch the wall from the bed without standing up. And don't get me started with the bath. It's impossible to move! If you're going to be taking the room with a friend, MAKE SURE THAT YOU TWO ARE EXTREMELY CLOSE. Bath times are CHALLENGING if not a FEAT on itself.


So what's the Pro? Well they have a Filipina who goes by cleaning your room (which to me means it would be really clean) and you can talk to her in our dialect. The room is also cheap, barely 3k for two nights! CAVEAT!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

T&J Weds: Getting a License at the Mandaluyong City Hall during the Pandemic (2021)

TME: Getting your NBI Clearance Easy

SNAP: BPI E-Prepaid Credit Card (12.23.11)