T&J Travels #4: Hongkong-Macau 2016 (Part 1)

I've been to HK before but it was a package tour and for the most part it felt like I wasn't able to experience it fully. Also since I came with the bf, it's much less stressful financially knowing that I have someone to share expenses with. He's also really good at research which I clearly am not so that is a huge plus.


+ Immigration +


We are both pumped up for this trip until we arrived at the immigration. For some reason we both have forgotten to bring a company ID (we do have licenses but it wasn't enough for the officer), not to mention the bf hasn't left the country yet. We were both held up (since we come as a couple), was made to fill up a lengthy form and undergo separate interviews. It was even funny that he was asked for couple selfies which his phone lacks. Thank heavens for wifi!


The entire duration that we were waiting for the plane I can't help but really be anxious on what would happen once we arrive at Hongkong. I remembered the girl we encountered the last time who was able to depart but was never allowed out of the airport and was instead deported. I had the same fear and more than anything I don't want my bf to be blacklisted. I was praying the entire time I was awake on the plane hoping that everything would be alright.


27826747925_e9ead40a6d_k


Breakfast on the plane : Chicken Inasal. We were both surprised we liked it.


At the immigration at HK I held my breath waiting for my bf to pass. I exhaled in relief seeing him grinning back at me when it's all over!


+ Ngong Ping 360 +


Both the airport and the Big Buddha are in Lantau island so decided it best to have this on our first day. It's just one bus from the airport and best of all, we can already practice our walking skills. Bear in mind that we came with backpacks and originally we're supposed to leave our stuff at storage lockers but forgo that because I was confident we won't need it. We also meant to get combination of Crystal and Standard Cabin for our cable cars but since the weather is extremely foggy, there's just no point.


27792295036_f4ca1a9b44_k


I would absolutely try even for once the Crystal cabin in the future for reasons that the novelty of seeing your feet hovering above the sea and the trees is equally amazing and scary. I imagine my sister crying when she tries!


Even before we paid for our tickets we already bought plastic ponchos (40HKD each) since we cannot bring umbrellas on our hand carry. This would be very helpful for our entire Ngong Ping experience as it was rainy the entire time we walked around with our backpacks.


The moment we arrived I already wanted to eat. Anything really. I don't know why.


+ Feng Chia Market +


27725463512_445b1f7d0d_k


Really small, there is no place to sit. We stood while we ate their noodles which is officially our first meal here. We both got the Meat & Vegetable Dumpling with Noodle Soup (45HKD a bowl) which doesn't taste as good as it looks. It tasted nothing like I imagined it to be and felt like it lacked salt. We felt trolled!


+ Big Buddha +


27215032223_1b8117ec84_k


Walking around the Village is a bit depressing because it was just white all over. The fog is too thick! If it weren't for Reagan I would have just gone back and won't bother. We followed a few people who are still testing their luck and what do you know, we're now in front of Buddha... only if we can see it. We were at the bottom of the stairs and not a peep from the famed statue.


I really thought Reagan was joking that we take the 200 flights up the Big Buddha (with our backpacks and all) but we still did which was kind of annoying because we didn't get to see his face after all the effort in reaching the top. I made Reagan wish by giving him a coin. I hope what he wished for is better weather.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

T&J Weds: Getting a License at the Mandaluyong City Hall during the Pandemic (2021)

TME: Getting your NBI Clearance Easy

SNAP: BPI E-Prepaid Credit Card (12.23.11)