Roadtrip: Quirino Daytrip! (3.26.2016)

IMG_9210_Fotor

We have arrived at Quirino probably past lunch time. I remembered we had breakfast at Chowking Santiago so my estimate is probably right. We ate lunch when we reached our house but an hour or two later, we are on the road again to Maddela. They recommended Governor's Rapids but after a long dizzying trip we've reached said place fully packed, cars are actually parked up to the road. We drove back somewhere else which my uncle said was part of of the waters at the Governor's but less tame. There was no entrance whatsoever. I don't even know what it was called! All I know is that it's rocky and the waters near the rocks are green with algae. At first I was up for going but seeing the algae brought the city girl in me. Nope. No amount of coaxing will make me dip my feet there!


Everyone went at the rocky land as you see on the photo except for me and my sister who is also afraid of slipping. Took tons of photos though which looked so dramatic at this angle. What I hated is it's just too hot moving is not an option.


IMG_9204_Fotor


After we had our fill, we rode somewhere else again, now back to Aglipay Caves


+ Aglipay Caves +


IMG_9264_Fotor

I remembered us going here when we were younger and absolutely thinner. Not only are we not allowed to go in all the way anymore (since the three of us sisters won't fit on one of the passages) it will be night in 2 hours it is just not recommended. We just roamed around the grounds, some even went in near the caves. Unfortunately after all these years it's not as improved as everyone of us hoped. You can basically have the entire place for yourself and you won't hear a single soul: ok alright, you would probably a goat's bleating.


+++


I don't know if it's because of accessibility or because Quirino is just too much out of the way of other tourist attractions but it's really unfortunate that they are not given the opportunity to grow as a tourist destination. The fact that restaurants and hotels are not as abundant here deters city folk to explore. I hope in the future the opportunities would come, and I wish I'd get the opportunity to be a part of that too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

T&J Weds: Getting a License at the Mandaluyong City Hall during the Pandemic (2021)

TME: Getting your NBI Clearance Easy

SNAP: BPI Express Credit Card: Ridiculously fast.