Unsanitized: Bianca del Rio 2022 Tour in Manila (10.11.2022)





You mean to say Bianca's been coming to PH even before the pandemic?!

I found that she had an event probably a day or two before the early bird sale date in an accident. I can't even recall how I ended up finding out but I'm glad to have else I would have been so pissed. 


A bit of backstory

I am not a fan of most reality competition shows nowadays but at some point I did watch a few Project Runway, ANTM and even RuPaul's Drag Race when I was younger. But because of other shows and maybe the lack of resource where to watch them I moved on to serials instead. 

Then pandemic came and even though it's easing, 3 years is a short time for watching all the shows I missed. I've probably finished more TV shows this pandemic than my entire adult life combined! One of the shows I picked to finish was RuPaul's and was surprised it's still ongoing. I was able to finish all US Originals and All Stars when it was announced that there's going to be a Drag Race PH. Just in time when I've already run through all episodes. Tried watching the Thai version but I found it too far from the original format so I am only knowledgeable with those two.




Vinas, Tuding, Brigiding & Corazon


On the day of the sale

While it wasn't that hard to look for a seat, I am not familiar with the layout of Samsung Theater. We just got middle seats; and still eye level with the performer so I guess we got a good place. We didn't like the acoustics down there though because our ears were ringing at the end. 


On the day of the event 

I already knew that there's a part 2 but I was still unprepared at the number of people in attendance. There's a lot of us in all shapes and sizes! We were also graced with a few queens from Drag Race PH which was a very nice treat. I wasn't too brave to go to their seats so we just looked at them from a far. 






There's a level above us so technically there are two middle seats?

On Bianca's performance

It was amazing!! She was already good in the show, but I didn't expect that she'd be exceed my expectations IRL. We barely stopped from laughing. She was also quick on her feet, she adapted on the situations given to her especially when she ribbed the first row and incorporated them on her set. You could say that even though we all had a major "arc" that maybe her rehearsed set, it's personalized every night according to the audience. 

For a casual fan like me I love that I was able to follow references from the show which should be presumed by any future viewer. You won't get the rest if you've only seen Drag Race PH. At least before seeing it live, watch the original run to kind of understand some or her bits. I also liked that it was fully a stand up comedy show and didn't had any lip sync fillers. If anything it felt like she's making us laugh almost every minute.



This is what happens when you take a photo in panic


I hope she comes back in the future for more shows, I'm sure going to be there again. 


Ticket Fee: Range from 3k - 11k. We got the 5500 seats on Early Bird pricing.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

T&J Weds: Getting a License at the Mandaluyong City Hall during the Pandemic (2021)

TME: Getting your NBI Clearance Easy

SNAP: BPI Express Credit Card: Ridiculously fast.