T&J Weds: Resumption of preps, almost a year later.

 I've written the other post last year in hopes that I would eventually get back to it soon. But July, our initial date came and went and nothing happened. 

We were able to receive our rings by September IIRC, it was delivered to us with no fees and no hassle and it was exactly how we remembered seeing it on display back at the wedding fair. 

By January 2021, still no hope that a mass gathering is feasible and we were forced to let go of our reservation at Oasis Manila, that's 65k non refundable deposit right there. I agree that it's serious money we had to let go but I thought that better lose 65k NOW than lose more (since they're already asking for more money) and only have a few people attend. At this point I'm not really keen in inviting anyone to share the same air in a closed space for 3 hours. My conscience would not allow it. Even though they're saying that we can still invite 100 guests out of 200 initial plan, I still don't find the deal worth it. Not only am I sure that we won't be able to fill the 100 minimum guests but I'm not paying for twice for that since they're not going to lower the price no matter how many guests are allowed to attend. We're going to pay for 200 guests regardless. Losing 65k is way better than 250k++ for a handful of guests is now a better option don't you think? I'm glad that our extended family already gave the blessing to let us get married the soonest instead and not wait for the pandemic to be over (as of this writing, vaccine is not yet that readily available for everyone) so might as well take the opportunity. 

We are still able to talk to our coordinator but not as often as we should since we ourselves don't know when we can truly resume our preparations. There are varying degrees of quarantine almost each week that we've no idea what to do anymore. We have not yet talked to other suppliers we've already deposited money to. I hope when the time comes they're available and COVID free. 

So anyways, because of the lack of possible guests, I mean most of my officemates are not even here in MM anymore due to our WFH setup and some of them are somewhat old, I don't want them to die on my behalf, it means that I really don't have any option to be choosy on who I can invite. If anything, I COULD ACTUALLY NOT INVITE PEOPLE I'M OKAY NOT TO SEE IN THE FIRST PLACE. I could get a way with not having an entourage too! Unlike other people I don't have much girlfriends left to invite to be bridesmaids, I have no pick for a Maid of Honor too. What a wonderful opportunity as well since I don't need to do a prenup (I dread this a lot) or purchase so many useless souvenirs and invitations. We could also trim so much expense since we might not need to have a wedding gown / suit nor a large reception or church. 

Well, the thing is, it's sad to let go of the church. I was actually sadder with that than with the venue. It was a beautiful place to get wed on to that I'm actually looking forward to walking down that aisle. It's old, not too mainstream and the perfect size. Maybe in the future we could, but for now, I'm not sure if we'd get another (church) wedding once we push through with the Civil option. I'm already OK with this I think. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

T&J Weds: Getting a License at the Mandaluyong City Hall during the Pandemic (2021)

TME: Getting your NBI Clearance Easy

SNAP: BPI Express Credit Card: Ridiculously fast.