Car Chronicles Part 2

Because I have a Part 2, it just means that my loan application has been approved yay! No need to do an in house financing!

+ What a busy day +

I've waited until the 3rd day to inquire if I was approved. I don't know if me asking how's the status or it just happened at the same time, but I've received an email which was also dated the day before. For now my bank is ready to release a PO (is this purchase order? I forgot to ask, but that is what they call it) to the dealer. But there's a problem. Toyota Shaw had just released their last white stock a few days prior. I've missed my chance. Agent is offering me a different model to which at that time wasn't a viable idea for me because if that's the case then might as well get a 1.3 Vios right?

So what happened was the banker gave me an idea. She started asking for other dealers. From what I learned it is truly a good idea to talk to a banker first because they might have good contacts. I was able to contact two. Toyota Makati has a good relationship with my bank but unfortunately no stocks available, just the G variant. I was told that even if I have one reserved (which I haven't yet) at Shaw, there is no guarantee of the stock. Pampanga does have stock but they are not allowed to deliver (due to Covid as usual) and it will be upon me to get everything from them. 

I was broken hearted because I know that logistics is a big issue. I kept Pampanga as a last resort and thought of why not ask different dealers near me? Tried calling Manila Bay but it seems like the numbers does not work. Pasong Tamo was next (who knew there's a Makati and Pasong Tamo branch?) who provided me with a nice insight on why there are no stocks. I was told that the TRD S variant was unexpectedly popular in Indonesia where it is manufactured hence the stock problem. He even has 2 reservations, August and September respectively that have not yet arrived. I initially thought there is stock with Otis but when there's none, they're willing to provide me a free dashcam just so I can get a G variant. However, since I couldn't afford the wait (I can't get off the feeling that I have to fix this now, because the loan approval is only valid for 30 days; he got back to me a few hours late, and still no stock) I tried calling Manila Bay again and to my surprise the number finally worked and! They have one last grey unit. Yeap. Not white, not yellow, grey. It's perfect. 

After a few calls and emails between me, the banker and the agent, a PO has been officially released just today,  It will just take some time before I can visit the bank to sign the loan documents. Hopefully all will be done in a week and I'll be able to take him home in just a few sleeps.


+ It's the final countdown! +

Ok, so I was just joking when I said it will take time. As a matter of fact I was able to sign the documents a day later. It was a quick affair because mainly I was the only customer. The banker was even meeting her in personal still very jovial. I can easily imagine having a good relationship with her whenever I needed a new loan. 

The next day, good heavens I've mentioned this in passing with my agent, I needed to procure a manager's cheque. I am in a vicinity of the bank to which I have a checking account with and got it within a few minutes. You see, since I plan to go on a weekend, they need to check with the bank on whatever cheque I am using and since banks are closed on weekends this might affect my chances of getting it on the day. As soon as I've sent a photo of the MC to my agent, I was given a go ahead to visit their showroom on that Saturday. On that evening I have already and luckily found a nice parking for rental in our tower to ensure that I have one for the weekend. The next day I was given papers to sign, and the day after it was already notarized and sent to our admin for verification of my rental. By Friday, everything was good and ready to go, I cannot wait for the day to be over. 


+ Today, our first baby is born! +

After paying for a car pass, we then headed to Toyota Manila Bay to get my first car. Ideally, Reagan could drive us there and we both ride back with our cars but there's a huge problem. I am not confident in driving one now, not yet anyway.

Ok so, admittedly I have not been able to drive a car for years now. My late father taught me for a bit, we even got to Tagaytay (from Robinsons Imus) in our car with an MT, but even still I am not that confident to ply the roads of anywhere let alone EDSA. I didn't even get to learn how to park! So obviously the training starts under the tutelage of Reagan who's the only guy I could trust now in this pandemic. Which is why we got there by Grab initially and let him drive the car back home.

There were just a few papers signed, photos were taken and freebies given. We had to wait for a bit because we were told they're releasing a lot of cars but it wasn't that long tbh. When we got the car, the agent even had to make me drive around to get the feel of it (even with all my protests) which upon experiencing it proves to be an amazing choice for a newbie like me. I liked that it had all the unnecessary tech I've wanted in a car (back cam, dash cam, start engine for instance) and the small trimmings (how the gears are designed to be in one line, the multiple info icons in the dashboard, etc.) that would make the experience much more convenient in the long run. 


If you haven't been, Toyota Manila Bay is right next to a Petron. Them giving me a loyalty card makes me all the willing to use Petron instead of my initial plan to go Caltex due to the possibility that I might visit Landers more than usual (they are in partnership with Caltex, to which they give out vouchers). 

On the pic, a Petron Loyalty Card, My printed out photo with a huge key and a few Human Nature products. These are "freebies" not mentioned but was just given on the day.

Upon writing this blog, I've already had a few hours of U-Turn training (it's been 2 days) in a safe spot and hopefully soon I'd be able to be confident enough in being in tune with my new car for me to drive it solo. Honestly I could not believe it. Whenever I see the key fob near the door I am reminded that I am now truly a car owner. Owning one has not exactly been a dream, I couldn't care less if I didn't have one, Reagan can drive me around anyway but the possibilities of being mobile excites me. For instance when we went to MoA we found out that there are now bike rentals there! I can learn to bike too! 


Welcome the world now, CC, The Gray Wigo!


Toyota Wigo 2021 TRD S, a very quick impression or review if you like (so far):

Priced at 700k flat (although I got it at 15k less, I don't know if it's promo) this is, for me is worth the price. It has a lot of tech that are usually missing in other of the same tier, sometimes even more expensive. Driving it is also a breeze as I've been touting, it is very much made as someone's first car. I wouldn't care less about the plastics because to me it looks premium as it gets with that amount. Everything you need to know about it is on the internet but here are some key points no one have told you. 

1. The key fob is quite elegant. It didn't have the weird "key" sticking out and is hidden surreptitiously on the fob.

2. It's easy to go in and out to, especially for someone of my height

3. Speaking of, this is quite perfect for  my height. I only needed to adjust the seat a bit nearer to the steering wheel.

4. The front seats are very comfortable. It's as if made for my size. Haven't tried the back as much to comment on that. 

5. Your standard umbrella can fit at the back BUT the free booklet would not fit on the compartment at the front :-(

6. The only cabin light for the Wigo is at the front. It wouldn't be too helpful at the back nor is for your feet at the front unfortunately. When we were putting the charger at the cigarette port Reagan and I couldn't see it even with the lights on. 

7. The dashboard cam is not connected with your touch screen. You can, however access it with your phone via an app. Fresh from the box it only has a 16GB microSD which records every 1 minute the car is on. 

8. We're not sure if we just can't find it, but you can't move the back camera angle, which is fine for us but maybe someone out there is going to be finicky. 

9. The touchscreen CAN let you watch videos via a USB. I have yet to try if Netflix can work via Android Auto. 

10. The cup compartments are a bit small. It's as if you can only drink your regular sized bottled water. No venti for you! Again, this does not bother me TBH. 

11. The dashboard is tight. I don't think you can put a lot of stuff on it and has a sloping angle so there's a tendency for small things to fall from it. Which is why on our second day we bought it a phone holder so the phone can have somewhere secure to be put onto when it's connected with Android Auto.


I'll try to add more as I go, but again, so far, I'm a happy customer. Not to mention the guys at Toyota Manila Bay are wonderful. It was a very smooth transaction.   

  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

T&J Weds: Getting a License at the Mandaluyong City Hall during the Pandemic (2021)

TME: Getting your NBI Clearance Easy

SNAP: BPI Express Credit Card: Ridiculously fast.