Taiwan 2019 Part 5




+ Taipei Zoo +

I love that they have a train station near it so it's truly easy to navigate. We got there too early though because we spent some time before getting in. I thought we could have breakfast anywhere but we can't see any shops near. When people started standing on the kiosks we did the same and waited once we're allowed to buy tickets.

For a zoo, it's surprisingly not too smelly. I like visiting zoos but not as much because of the smell. Possibly because of the weather but the nose situation is excellent.


The map does not do it justice. It's freaking huge. They even have a shuttle to get you to the edge. I think we were able to see almost everything except for that brown bear that didn't show up. The rest is just good. You could burn a day here with kids and I would assure you they'd love it, there's just so many animals.




It's like(literally) the hotter version of the Cloud Forest at Singapore 

Price: 60 NTD per adult


+ Maokong Gondola & Village +





On our first shuttle we just walked around and tried to see ever sector of the zoo. As part of our IT, I've hauled them to a late lunch at Maokong via their gondola. The zoo have direct access to one of the stops, to which we took, high high up in the mountains. It's windy when we got up which was really amazing, I would love to stay on one of their quaint inns and wake up to this cold air.





We ate at this restaurant I have no idea how to read the name, and offers the same tea service like in the tea shop we went to the other day but less graceful as the first one. The food is wonderful, I didn't know we're that hungry to even finish everything!


I can't find that particular photo but you could see Taipei 101 from this height. We started with this gloomy look and when we went down it was already sunset. Truly pretty.


Price: Total bill was 2002NTD for the meal; Maokong Gondola is 70 NTD one way. We didn't get to buy tickets anymore because we just used EasyPay.


+ Bye (for now) Taiwan! +

Flight back home is too early in the morning. It was both a curse and a blessing because even though we had to wake up much earlier it's easier to see who's going to the airport. We had a moment reminiscent of Amazing Race where us and the rest of the other tourists are hauling their luggage looking for the right train that goes straight to the airport. When we got to the train (which only had 3 stops afaik, no stops on the minor stations anymore, possibly because they assume almost everyone are going to the airport) we didn't get any seats. It was I think around 30 mins. and as much as I would like to wait for the next train, I couldn't possibly do something as reckless as that. 

One of the things that I have not seen yet so far with other airports is that they advise you to watch IF your luggage had indeed passed inspection (after you're given a boarding pass). I didn't get this at first until I noticed the TVs that shows said luggage. We were too late to check but thankfully we didn't have issues when we came back. 

Taiwan is bumped up as one of my favorite destinations. People are friendly, the weather is perfect, I didn't get too sweaty at any time, the food options are various and the trains are perfect for someone as stupid as I am. I am excited on going back, maybe as my first solo travel but maybe in some future ahead. As of this writing this in 2020, Coronavirus is a worldwide issue, Taiwan included and I would not like that to ruin my plans. Moreover, I haven't been to Taichung so there's one place I'm looking forward to. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

T&J Weds: Getting a License at the Mandaluyong City Hall during the Pandemic (2021)

TME: Getting your NBI Clearance Easy

SNAP: BPI E-Prepaid Credit Card (12.23.11)