Staycation: EDSA Shangri-La




My pick this year is at EDSA Shang. I've been once and didn't like it because it seems old. But as our list this year wasn't really what I hoped for (ahem, Okada) I just chose this so I wouldn't repeat my choices. 

The room I booked was triple sharing and based on the room I got can fit 4 but you have to compromise on the size of who actually sleeps there. I requested for an additional person but they didn't allow me which is probably because the room itself could not fit an extra bed anymore. The view is just OK but there's an eyesore beam that blocks the pool from our window at the bottom. I don't know why they didn't just remove it.






The bath have no tub, but we liked that they have a bench for sitting inside the shower. I enjoyed the smell of the toiletries (probably aloe vera) and they are decent on the hair and body. The rain shower I am not sure if it's just ours but it was disappointing, it barely dripped water. The handheld had really good pressure so I don't know why that is. One cool feature I haven't seen anywhere else is how you can control the sound of the TV from the room to the bath. And what maybe cool was actually weird too because we could barely hear the TV from the beds. We had to put it in full volume from the bath so we could decently hear it. I also discovered on my morning shower that when the TV is off there's a sweet melody on the speakers. 

The famous buffet at Heat was our breakfast. Choices are really good although my mom and sisters find the pancit canton too salty. I liked the crispy bacon, their danish pastry and their omelette. Unfortunately I was too full to even try the choco chip ice cream. It's too early too. The line was already long when we left around 8 am. It was a good two hours. All my disappointments on our room was totally forgiven by the breakfast alone. Now I know why my officemates kept on choosing this every year. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

T&J Weds: Getting a License at the Mandaluyong City Hall during the Pandemic (2021)

TME: Getting your NBI Clearance Easy

SNAP: BPI Express Credit Card: Ridiculously fast.