T&J Travels #8: Tagaytay 2017 (Part 1)

It's a bit funny that in my entire years of living in Cavite I haven't fully explored Tagaytay, let alone go there with the boyfriend. The first and last time we've been together were when we went to a wedding of a friend of mine.

I've already missed going somewhere during the long weekend last Holy Week, and I don't want to get another long weekend alone so we planned a quick one at the nearest one we could go to without much preparation.

One major thing though: we didn't have a ride. Reagan doesn't want to take Yuna anymore due to the odd elevations and I still refuse to bring our M/T car. Now that's a first. I literally have no idea to get around Tagaytay without someone to drive me around.

+ Destination Hotel +

There are tons of available hotels even with the long weekend (I only booked Friday) but I chose to get the one nearest the rotonda. It proved an amazing choice because it's easy to go around on all sides of the highway.

20170430_13410620170430_13500220170430_13503120170430_13505920170430_13511220170430_135122


PROS:

  • Walking distance from different transportation options

  • As of writing, the highest building in that area so it is hard to miss.

  • Near restaurants, a 7/11 and in the very near future a shopping mall

  • If you're lucky your room would have a good lake view. It does look like all rooms have small balconies on them.

  • Comes with a kitchenette that has a good sized ref, microwave and tea kettle. Perfect for those who are not really interested in going out.

  • Hangers!

  • The free breakfast IS DELICIOUS.


CONS:

  • Toiletries are scarce. We only got one toilet paper, one small bar of soap and a tube of shampoo. I even had to buy a toothbrush elsewhere. 7/11 downstairs just ran out. Guess I'm not the only one who thought better

  • Requesting for slippers took 3 followups. I am not sure if they forgot to bring our room some or they intend wait for requests.


WEIRD:

The bath is weird. I have no idea why instead of creating one full room for both the toilet and bath they have to have two doors and a huge glass partition in between. Reminds you of the one at H20, only this one have a bidet and real doors you can lock.

+ Mekong Restaurant +

This is the same supplier of the free breakfast. It was already around 2pm and we haven't had lunch. There are other options near us but I really wanted to eat already so we went there instead.

20170430_14023720170430_14185020170430_14245020170430_142533

They have a really small space so if you have your own battalion with you, just don't.


They serve Indochine cuisine so we got Banh Mi (doesnt' taste like the one I know, BUT THANK GOODNESS, they use Reno instead of real liver), Pad Thai (too sweet for my taste) and that catfish salad (fresh, but I can barely taste the catfish) I forgot the name for. Price is just OK.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

T&J Weds: Getting a License at the Mandaluyong City Hall during the Pandemic (2021)

TME: Getting your NBI Clearance Easy

SNAP: BPI E-Prepaid Credit Card (12.23.11)