Psych



I've always wanted to watch this show in full ever since I've seen it in when I was really young at Diva (I think). So colored me excited when I saw this also available in Amazon Prime! I immediately started watching episode to episode after I finished The Office and it was an amazing experience. Watching it in 2019 the jokes still land and I felt like I've went through the past years of my life, Psych is just rife with pop culture it's impossible not to relate to what was happening at the moment. I particularly loved the London episode because Gus was such a Potterhead and the Twin Peaks parody of sorts (which is in my To Watch list since forever).

Psych started with a really simple plot. Shawn Spencer and Burton "Gus" Guster are best friends who started a detective agency only that Shawn pretends to be a psychic (hence Psych) and lends their services to the Santa Barbara Police Department to solve (mostly) murder cases. Together with Shawn's father Henry and the SPBD: Chief Karen Vick, Juliet "Jules" Ohara, Carlton "Lassie" Lassiter, Mcnab and Woody, their trusty car the Blueberry and even the random appearances of a pineapple they form this wonderful cast of Psych that is entertaining as hell. It's one of those shows that I personally believe would stand the test of time and I could easily re-watch over and over (just not now because I saw Monk at Prime as well, I had to finish that one too). It's charming, it's not trying to be too smart for comfort. I liked how the characters are funny on their own made stereotypes and it worked well together even if most episodes only focus on the four of them, Shawn, Gus, Jules and Lassie. 

I am currently watching the off Psych show and it amazes me that they've wrapped up the show quite recently than I thought because Twitter and smartphones already exist. I'm really glad I took this journey with them, it's rare to find shows that are still really good until it was over (I'm still looking at you Community!) and still have some steam left on it that they could actually pull off 8 seasons without feeling too rushed and with a movie to boot, and as I've read from wiki, a sequel on the way this year. There's no way I would miss that wherever they plan to show it and this time I won't be late to the party. Come on son!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

T&J Weds: Getting a License at the Mandaluyong City Hall during the Pandemic (2021)

TME: Getting your NBI Clearance Easy

SNAP: BPI E-Prepaid Credit Card (12.23.11)