The Script: Freedom Child Tour (4.14.2018)



(I feel like I'm making a mess of my timelines. I still have a lot of blogs (Bataan and Lion King to name a few) left unwritten and I'm writing this first out of everything!)


I still remembered that day. I've just wiped out all of the remaining credit card balances I had. Out of nowhere I suddenly thought of visiting philippineconcerts when I saw it. My heart stopped. No. Why didn't I heard of this earlier?

Fast forward to yesterday. Ahh. This is the second time we've got seats on the elevated sides and hell yeah I am not going back. An experience 3 years ago with my favorite band will forever hurt me. It was the worst feeling I had of all the times I've been to the concert of The Script (for the opening at least, the rest of the night was superb) and I just don't want to waste money on that anymore, nor at any concert I will attend to the future come. 




Now two things: 

1. I was able to enjoy Paint the Town Green with 0 hassle. I mean look at this video: 


2. They have better bouncers this time. There were (at least from my vantage point, and except for that girl who really wanted to see Danny up close when he came near the balcony above us) no people standing on their seats nor people rushing to the front. You pay for what seat you have b*tches. This is exactly what I really want. 

The best seats for the night have got to be the middle area where they sat there singing one of my most favorite songs of theirs but I don't feel bad. I already had a good experience with that song (cuddling with Reagan OF COURSE) so I want other people to have that wonderful experience too. Besides our seats are already amazing as it is. 




I loved that the crowd was amazing throughout the night, one of the most memorable would have to be the one where you put arms on both sides of you (Reagan didn't stand and I was shy putting my arm over the one next to me because she was quiet the entire time, like no screaming!) but that was OK, because watching it IRL is surreal. They do know how to (literally) move the crowd. 

I purchased the tickets before the setlist was available and when I did it wasn't disappointing. I was a bit worried that they might fill it with the songs at their Freedom Child album but thank goodness it wasn't. Freedom Child has got to be the album with the least songs I like (I try to treat every song of theirs equally) because some of their songs there have become too political for my taste. I was even denying it to myself until I heard over the radio of two DJs talking about it, sharing my POV. I think it's safe to say on behalf of all fans, I hope they got back to their roots in songwriting and not choose that route before it's too late. 




So anyway the set they made is amazing and they were focused on the performance itself. It was really a good fan service for them to perform in the middle of the crowd and Danny traversing the arena. As always they've made really good use of our time, song after song after song. I enjoyed again and as expected. The group of girls in front of us are really cute, they were dancing and singing and screaming their hearts out the entire night. I would love to do the same (well, I do but not that much) because I have already wasted a recording of a concert because of my horrendous voice overlapping the band. 

Again, I am proud to say I have never missed a concert and I know in my heart I never will. I might become Doris Brigonia (she was near us, she's at the pit) one of the oldest concert goer of theirs. I just hope they always think of Manila whenever they have tours. I mean, this is their 4th tour and never miss, the fans here love them so there's definitely no reason why they won't come back right?!

  




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

T&J Weds: Getting a License at the Mandaluyong City Hall during the Pandemic (2021)

TME: Getting your NBI Clearance Easy

SNAP: BPI E-Prepaid Credit Card (12.23.11)