Review: Motorola 5GS




Two days before our Japan flight my phone started to suddenly turn off. What's worse is it won't connect to wifi or data at all. A day of this and I decided to buy a phone a day before our trip. I am already going to spend money for 10 days and I just want something decent to use. Plus, my re-contract is only a few months away anyway so no need to splurge on a new device.

I didn't research that much and just went on with the first phone that I found that's decent. Motorola 5GS. There's a pricier version that I was told to have a better camera but at that time I can't see the difference so I got this instead. So anyways the specs that I am looking for are simple. Anything more than: 2000mAH battery, 2GB RAM, 16GB. Moto 5G have the ff: 3000mAH, 4GB RAM and 32GB. So far so good.




Like all of my gadgets the first thing I always do is get a case. I've gone to St. Francis and almost gave up that I would get a case. I even felt offended when I get disgusted looks that I don't have a phone they expect to have. The last one that offered me could only give one sample and I was too tired to even resist in the price she gave. 

I've been using 5GS for 2 mos now and I am quite satisfied albeit with a few exceptions which I'm not sure if an isolated case or just me:

1. The camera is not as good as I wanted it to be especially in low light or if the subject is moving. I also find the colors washed out. I am no photographer but I do love taking pretty things.

Sample Photos and a quick clip for Moto 5GS (No edits where made. Just added the watermarks)









2. Twice I had sudden restarts that were caused by an SD Card. The first time I encountered this issue was when I attempted to move all my Spotify songs on my SD. I had to uninstall Spotify and reformat the card for the phone to work. After a few weeks, no issues until one day when it started to boot loop. I am now SD Card free for a few days now and I thought maybe I could survive without it. Unfortunate, I loved the one key management it offers. 

EXTRA: I wonder why the CLEAR option in opened apps are on top? You have to scroll through all the apps!

Everything else is really decent IMHO. I particularly enjoyed using the fingerprint feature which my much old phone doesn't have and is half the price. So far it works great and it's really quick. I also liked that I still have access to FM Radio and the audio jack that higher end smartphones have already dropped. It rarely feels hot to the touch even when playing games for a long time too. 


Price: 10999 (bought at the Moto Store in Megamall with free wireless in-ears (other than the earphones provided by Moto) and a selfie stick)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

T&J Weds: Getting a License at the Mandaluyong City Hall during the Pandemic (2021)

TME: Getting your NBI Clearance Easy

SNAP: BPI E-Prepaid Credit Card (12.23.11)