T&J Travels #3: Bohol 2015 (Part 4)

We've been sleeping pretty much the rest of the ride when we were at Lito's car but were tired just the same as soon as we reached the hotel. We woke up late (I think around 8am), had breakfast (silog again!) and shopped toiletries at Alturas. It's really convenient being able to go to and fro via tricycle, no need to know routes compared to jeeps.

+ Chocolate Hills Adventure Park (CHAP) +

We haven't acquired any services from Tatsky (Lito's boss) today so we decided to commute. We got another tricycle up to Dau terminal where we took the Carmen bus. If you'd remember, the famous Chocolate hills although scattered at the island have it's main attraction at Carmen, which is also our destination for our day adventure. It was a really long ride we've arrived past lunch time.

IMG_8974

We haven't had lunch so we thought it best to eat before we start with our Ironman Package. Our first option was the buffet near the reception of CHAP but looking at the dishes,there's almost nothing left. We don't really shy away from this type of expense (we don't have a rigid budget, especially for food) but for 350, I don't think I would pay that much for chicken bones and crabs that are more shell than meat.

We asked if there's anywhere we can eat other than that and were instructed out of the CHAP gate, where we found Egay's grill. Meals are less than 150 php and their barbecue is superb. We both had 2nd helpings of rice.

IMG_8978

Other than what we paid for, we are then sold a pair of gloves. I don't know why they haven't included this in the first place since you will eventually need it, especially if everything you need to hold are ropes that can burn your hands.

The package we got is seriously not for the maarte. I remembered thinking that if I ever so slightly started went maarte while traversing the Ninja warrior-esque obstacles I would have an embarrassing fall. I am really proud to have achieved all ridiculous feats, given that I'm not really light to begin with, and my limbs can barely reach the ropes and the steps. The only thing I have stopped from trying after so many tries was the wall climbing. I got a good level off the ground on the easy course but unfortunately I could never reach the yellow rock that I can hold on. I tried the harder one but didn't even manage to get a feet off the ground. My shoes are just too slippery and I could not manage to grip any rock.

I know that it's impossible to have taken a photo of it, I wouldn't have managed even if it was allowed, so unfortunately I don't have any proof of all of it, all except one.

The highlight of the grounds is the Bike Zip. I don't know how to bike nor balance, so this is extra scary for me. I know I am still fearful of heights but for some reason my initial run I felt nothing of the sort. I know I'm trying to concentrate to pedal (I stopped once and screamed that everything stopped. I thought the pedal was automatic) and being annoyed at the rope/harness in front of my face which I wanted to fix but couldn't let go of the bars.

When I reached the other end, I was slightly confident ONLY to be scared of the knowledge that the bike CAN FALL. I thought no matter what you do it won't but since one of the guys told me THAT IT CAN, especially if you attempt to BALANCE, I was scared out of my wits, I forgot what I did the first time! I know I don't know how to balance at all, but instead of his words to make me more confident of what I previously done, I am now more conscious of my balance! I was so scared in fact that I didn't even get to do any poses and I just want to get back at the base. From now on, all of my photos are my boyfriend's blackmail material to our kids someday on how I was rushing the bike zip!

IMG_8981

We have not experienced a single traffic here but due to distance we've arrived just in time for dinner. It's convenient that our bus stopped at Bohol's largest mall: Island City Mall. To someone who works near Megamall, this is a pale comparison.

We walked a bit and found Prawn Farm. We didn't know there were buffets, we've already decided to get a platter when we came in but after looking at the dishes, we are sold at their buffet.

IMG_8987

While eating we are seriously discussing how is it that for 350php we get a scrumptious array of food and no one is taking the bait. We've practically opened the buffet area because everything looks untouched! Later on we were relieved seeing other patrons (surprisingly most are foreigners) eat there too. We enjoyed everything! I daresay it is worth every peso (there are even two shrimp dishes)! I have also now know what's the fuss with cucumber juice. It really is refreshing!

IMG_8990

The next day, we again took a tricycle to take us to the airport. We arrived early, ready for some breakfast (yes sardines), just in time for open of check-in. Diving next time?

See you next time Bohol!

20151130_093306-01

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

T&J Weds: Getting a License at the Mandaluyong City Hall during the Pandemic (2021)

TME: Getting your NBI Clearance Easy

SNAP: BPI E-Prepaid Credit Card (12.23.11)