As I've visited their site, GCASH won't be a form of payment for them from now on. You may now choose to leave this link as it is now obsolete as of this writing. I may try to write the different mode of payment in the near future.
Here's the new, updated and lazier version < this is clickable just so you know.
I will not explain the full details, but me and my office mates regularly need an NBI Clearance. It's one of my most hated moments because it is so time consuming. Yes the process is as fast as they can make it, but you only need to see the extremely long queue to give up getting one during lunch break. So, when one of our office mates found a fast track option a whole lot of us instantly grabbed the chance.
There are about 3 steps in getting an NBI clearance (payment, encoding, picture taking) and all involves different sets of queues and what we did was "bypass" the payment and encoding part by doing it online.
Globe G-Cash (with load of course)
1. On your mobile, go to Sim Toolkit > GCash > Send GCash. On the amount field, put in 140 and on the number (to send it to) 09175638053.
2. Upon successful transaction you will receive messages from NBI and Globe pertaining to the transaction. The message you need to keep should look like this:
Even when blackened, it should be obvious where the Reference No. is.
3. Go to nbi-online.com . Your browser should look like the one below. Fill up your email address, make sure you are really using this so you won't forget, add your Reference No. above to the proper field. No need to change the Date of Payment, simply put in the date when you had that GCash Transaction. Choose your purpose and put in the Captcha then Validate.
4. A confirmation page will appear next and then you are taken to another page where you have to fill in your details. Make sure that all fields are 100% correct, and if you can, before clicking any of the two buttons below, check it like 10 times. I mean it. I heard a lot of stories having mixed up details and they end up having problems on site because there are important details here THAT ARE NOT UPDATEABLE. Yeah, we have the same protests, one of our QAs is questioning who WAS the QA of this project because this is just preposterous, but we can't do anything about it can't we?
5. An email will be sent right after, print the attached file.
6. Set your booking date via text (again) and location where you are supposed to have your picture taken:
NBI MAIN OFFICE --> NBIMAIN
U. N. Avenue, Ermita, Manila 8AM-5PM
ROBINSONS PLACE --> ROBERMITA
ERMITA Basement I Ermita, Manila 10AM-7PM
ROBINSONS OTIS --> ROBOTIS
Level 2 Guanzon St Paco, Mla 10AM-7PM
ROBINSONS GALLERIA --> ROBGALLERIA
Basement I Ortigas Ave QC 10AM-7PM
ROBINSONS METRO EAST --> ROBEAST
Level 4 Marcos Hi-way Pasig 10AM-7PM
ROBINSONS NOVALICHES --> ROBNOVA
Novaliches, Quezon City 10AM-7PM
EVER GOTESCO MALL RECTO --> EVERRECTO
3rd Flr Cinema 3 Recto Ave, Mla 8AM-5PM
EVER COMMONWEALTH --> EVERCOM
2nd Flr Cinema I Comm., QC 8AM-5PM
Follow the format below and send to 09175638054
Sample: BOOK AAAABT9 NBIMAIN 11202011 0800 Juan dela Cruz
7. Appear on the date of your appointment and queue on the 3rd Step (Picture Taking & Finger Print Scan)
Of course, on the day do not forget to:
a. Wear proper attire
b. Bring 2 Valid IDs and the print out.
c. Write your Reference No (I don't know what for, it's already printed out but this was instructed to us at Galleria) and the ID numbers you've brought with you.
8. Now all you need to do now is to wait if you have a hit or a win! Goodluck!
Frequently Asked Questions:
When will I get my NBI Clearance?
Printing is on the same day you've went there unless you have a hit.
How do I know if I have a hit?
You will not receive your NBI Clearance. Instead, you will be referred to go back to a certain date. Never leave the office without them giving you an instruction WHEN and sometimes WHERE you need to go to claim your NBI clearance.
What happens when I have a hit?
Unless your namesake was involved in a heinous crime, you only need to wait a few days (a week at most from what I learn from others) to claim your copy. There are cases though, that you have to go to the main branch, or even, to extremes, to have a court appearance, proving that you weren't the said criminal.
What branches are available?
It's all listed up there. Or you can always visit their NBI website for more.
Why do I have 'y' in my name?
If this is your first time to get an NBI Clearance, the 'y' in between your first name and last name is 100% Normal. In case you forget your history, we used to be a Spanish colony. And we adopted surnames in their time, plus we also have so many names then, so 'y' is somewhat important. We just omit it in our modern usage. For more info, kindly visit this wiki article.
What are other forms of payments?
I only used (and will continue to use) GCash because it's very convenient for me. I am sorry to inform that I have not tried any other mode of payment.
Why is the number different?
You can always double check NBI for the number you have to send in the payment. As I've said, THESE ARE THE EXACT steps I was successful in doing.
One of the commenters here say how it's best to pay during weekdays because he/she experienced paying on a Friday and getting a confirmation text next week Monday. He/she also said something about the 24 hr rule. Thanks anon 9/2/2013!
To sum up it up:
1. Pay during weekdays, try not to do it on a Friday.
2. There's instances when your payment gets credited the next day.
Also, if I have not replied to you, I have already answered your question on the comments of you may have to reread the post to finally get it. Please stop asking questions that are already on the blog and the comments. I already wrote everything I know here. Comprehending the post is much easier than typing and asking the same redundant question over and over. I don't want to be mean but even parents get annoyed when you asked the same things. I'm not replying to the same questions again, okay?