So yeah, I have found myself with COVID

 




Dec 31, 2021 I was cleaning the whole day because as it is, Reagan and I are moving my things from the condo to our house every week. Most often everything is just placed wherever and since most of my stuff are already dusty, it has accumulated so much in the house. The next day we're planning to host a simple lunch with both our families since the group has not met again ever since the wedding. It's also an opportune time to show the house to both of them since only Reagan and I have ever been inside (other than the people we got in renovating the kitchen and the handymen who fixed stuff here and there). 

Obviously I haven't cleaned EVERYTHING but I done a bit on the kitchen, a few stuff moved about in the living room and mostly prepped the play room and dining since both would be where I expect us be staying the most. I was focused in prepping the "play room / library" so that we could play table tennis and also a "passion project" of mine, a semi-permanent fixture, a semi-modular cabinet for ALL of my books. It took me a day in getting them all out of the boxes and figuring out how to DIY the shit out of these planks from Simply Modular. We were supposed to get Billy / Oxfords together with the Vadholma (now in the kitchen) but the Billy could never fit in my car. That day we can't afford to have a Mober because we had too many errands that no one would receive it in the house in case. We held off to that so I decided to just use Simply Modular for now because I really love to bust my book hoardings off their boxes where they lived for these past years.  

I was already planning to take a bath prior to the New Year's but both Reagan and I decided to just do it later after all the "festivities". By that I meant that we had dinner (just the two of us) and watched the fireworks by midnight. We did see a few neighbors but as much as possible we've managed to stay by ourselves the entire time.  

When it was over, I was already against taking a bath since I don't feel that good, it was the first time, I mean, I was busy the entire day moving about, and for the last 2 years I haven't exerted much effort anymore. You could see how my body reacted to this. With all the dust and lugging things around, I mean the books are already heavy and the sad case of the bath where we still don't have a heater (we're still considering the tiles hence we're holding off in installing anything), I got cold, like really cold. When I woke up the next day Jan 1, my throat is already sore.

In the next hours my temperature is rising, by evening I was already going 38 degrees. my normal is 36 so it bothered me a lot that for almost 2 days my temperature is not getting any lower. Reagan made a semi sponge bath for me and a compress for my head. For the first time when I woke up I was already drenched in sweat. The fever have finally broke. We've also decided to get RT PCRs, at this point I was dry coughing but very sporadic may I say, I did spit phlegm once but it didn't happen again. My nose has become clogged, then runny, then clogged again. The day we got my result which was more than 24 hrs. late, none of the symptoms are there anymore just some dry throat. I realized the difference now that I'm experiencing it. I have this need to clear my throat every once in a while but it's not truly sore since I can swallow just fine. 

Today's the second day of my isolation-- or semi. I have my frustrations with the weird layout of the house and one of which is the master's don't have it's own bathroom. It's a shame, really. So anyways, Reagan takes the other bath (which was on the a long room we are now using as a storage area) and I'm taking the larger one. For 7 days I haven't taken a bath, I just took one just before I began typing. I can't take the itchy feeling anymore. I am hoping that none of the symptoms will be back. I was just lucky that I got the Monday as a rest day (a holiday in the office) so I was able to sleep most of the time and Rupaul marathons. This week I won't have that anymore, and I need to render more time in the office now due to all the tasks I need to finish. I've also had my sisters send me some ginger citron tea in hopes that the dry throat would now be gone. I aim to be negative in our next RT PCR or maybe now just an antigen test. It's ridiculous how these tests are still priced the way they are. 

In, I don't know, maybe 10 days or even less, I hope my body has fully already fully recovered with undetectable covid. I miss my husband, we can't even be in the same room as before. And hopefully, I would not catch this again! I would really love to have a booster shot and that can't happen while I'm still sick.   

 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

T&J Weds: Getting a License at the Mandaluyong City Hall during the Pandemic (2021)

TME: Getting your NBI Clearance Easy

SNAP: BPI E-Prepaid Credit Card (12.23.11)