We have semi-moved in and it's expensive to do so.






As of this writing we have been staying in our new house for 2 weeks now and you could say that it is a bit of an adjustment especially for a house that lacks a lot of the stuff I am used to having back in my condo (heater, ac) plus the things we only found out that are kind of wrong with it. For example I never noticed there wasn't a faucet in the tiny sink in the bath. Or how the stupid seat and cover of the toilet kept on closing even while you're seating. Or how, despite of paying for it, we're stuck with useless kitchen cabinets without partitions. Again, valuable lessons I wouldn't forget if we ever get the chance to get a new house.

Aside from those, obviously we don't have much stuff yet. We bought foldable beds from SnR so we have somewhere to sleep on; a plastic table, my ottomans and two office chairs as temporary office stations which also serve as our dining area. I was joking that this is what we're going to tell our kids someday, the hardships we've encountered when Reagan AND I started a family... kidding! The fact we were able to purchase temporary stuff on the fly is in my book not necessarily dire, I mean we didn't flinch at any of the purchases, and most of the big stuff we bought just won't be immediately delivered so we had to make do on what we can take home ASAP.  

Our ref was already delivered some days back, we already have the small appliances covered-- electric fans (one even has a remote!), microwave, induction cooker (we're still deciding if we're going to get a gas range), water dispenser and a coffee maker. I've already brought my rice cooker and would be bringing in more small appliances in a few days... we just need to figure out how to have more surfaces. My electric oven, steamer, air fryer, ice cream maker, blender(s) and mixer are still up for moving. 

For today we've already set up a mini pantry for all the food we could store but if we bring some of those appliances, and I can't iterate this enough, there's just really no surface to put them on. I don't even have a proper prep area since the space is just limited with all the stuff it currently has. The microwave ate like 30% of the surface area, another 20 to the induction cooker, maybe 40% with the sink. I'm seriously deciding in having the kitchen remodeled so that we can make use of the cabinets at the bottom without worrying that pests are crawling over them. 

We also had blinds installed last Friday, meaning that we can actually use our space better now. It was hard to bathe the first days because the bath is directly in front of two windows that can be seen from the road and because there isn't a single hook inside the bath, we had no choice but to makeshift a parade of towels so we can surreptitiously wear clothing. A week later we've grabbed the on-door hooks at the condo to be used here so that we don't need to be out of the bath to clothe ourselves. But, the blinds have given us amazing privacy,  now we can actually close the windows at night and make it as dark as possible for us not to be seen from the outside. I was also worried that people can see from the outside our ref so having those blinds are extremely helpful. 

As mentioned the ref was already delivered some days back but we have just filled it with goods today after a long visit at Landers (my body is still sore and aching from arranging everything). We got a tower of baskets for food and it was able to hold almost all edibles we got as well. I was planning to get a metal shelf too but can't find any in stock. Also to note this is the most expensive grocery run I've ever done. I can't believe how long the receipt got--- it's as long up to my ear!

When we got home we were surprised by a Lazada delivery, a first for this house! I love that the guy who does the route know this road that he has no issues looking for our house. We were able to get the kickstool to help me when we get hanging cabinets someday and more Lasco bulbs. We got the Lasco bulbs I had at the condo and had it transferred here for the garage and living room. We're planning to use the two we bought for the kitchen and maybe in our bedroom. I wonder if it will still work when we got nice fixtures, I would really love to be able to retain my ability to schedule and do a lumos / nox commands on them.

By Tuesday, the handyman who's going to fix our ceiling outdoors, maybe check the weird smell from the 2nd bath and a few things around the house be checked, the AC guys are coming and the bed is going to be delivered (to be installed a day later, Blims said that they have different people who handles those things). By Wednesday night I'm fully expecting to have a very good sleep, finally on a real bed and with AC. Hopefully on the same day our sofa would arrive too! They haven't confirmed a date but they're saying it should be this week as well. 

Speaking of stuff, last Sunday we actually bought toys before everything else. Reagan bought me a foldable bike, a trampoline and he got us our ping pong table. It's finally official, our joke had come true, "We don't have a bed but we have a ping pong table!"

There are still a lot of stuff lacking from this house, like for instance I have 0 shoes here because there  is nowhere to put shoes on yet. We don't have a dining table too since we have no use for it now,  we're still using the same Lifetime table for dining and working. We don't even have chairs yet except for the two office chairs we got.

We have a walk in closet but without actual shelves. We are now using all the new Muji boxes we can fit in my car and there are more to go from what was left in my condo filled with, surprise-- more of my clothes. Again we have a surface and shelving storage-- WHICH IS WHY MY BABIES ARE STILL FAR AWAY FROM ME :-(. All of my books are still there, I would really love to have them transported here right away so I can finally free them from the boxes I've stored them in. I'm planning to get shelves from Ikea but I'm not sure if it could handle all of the books I've accumulated through the years. There's also the possibility that I can probably have one custom made but can't find a contractor yet. I'm excited to see them all arranged in shelves!

So enough of this ramblings for now. I've already spent an insane amount of money, same as Reagan too, so I'd probably hold on before I grab more stuff. Although, I have already set my eyes on a dining table at Our Home, I would really love to have it as my own. Let's see next week if we're getting it!

 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

T&J Weds: Getting a License at the Mandaluyong City Hall during the Pandemic (2021)

TME: Getting your NBI Clearance Easy

SNAP: BPI Express Credit Card: Ridiculously fast.