Gatting myself Vaxxed with AstraZeneca via HealthNOW





I have been living in my current place for more than 7 years now and I have no IDs related to this place that one of my neighbors joked if I was really a resident here. Well of course I was but I purposely had all my IDs and bank records use our family address as my permanent address because I wanted to keep my records as outdated as I could to prevent any hits with my NBI Clearance*. It is for that reason that it kept me from ever signing up with MandaVAX because I have no ID to prove my residency here. I was supposed to attempt, but on my first try, the server was down and even before I tried again, my agency has already sent us an email regarding them providing us vaccines as well. It took a while but once I was scheduled, there wasn't any hitch. 

We are partnered with HealthNOW which I think is connected to Ayala (?) and they have this app that you sign in and have yourself scheduled. The app is very much intuitive and it sends relevant SMS reminders. It needs some improvement though as our agency had to send us a separate guide like what to prepare, where's the exact address amongst others instead of being on the app itself. Other than that I was able to use the QR code it provided to verify my appointment that day.

My vaccination site was 9AM on a Wednesday at High Street B5 which faces a nice parking lot. When we arrived there weren't so much people in line nor cars at the parking. We bought breakfast which took long to find (not all restaurants were open) and I had the audacity to order tinapa even though I know we're eating in the car. We were supposed to be 30 mins before appointment but I finished eating around 8:40 and went straight ahead to the guy at the door since there's no one at the line left. 

I was worried that I might be needing lots of distraction so I got myself my Ipad and a few gadgets and a battery pack that might help me with the wait. I even instructed Reagan to leave me there and pay taxes on my behalf in case the wait will be too long. But alas as soon as I got in I was already hauling my ass in  different stations: assessment, screenings, too blurry to recall. It was so quick that that I was astonished when I found myself the 4th to be vaccinated already. Reagan had just finished his breakfast then to which I told him to just wait for me instead. 

There's a 15 minute observation time and after that I was out and about. At this point I was in shock how fast it was. Imagine if more private institutions were allowed to administer their own people, I'm sure as hell the lines in LGUs wouldn't be as long.  


+ Aftermath +

I took a half day from the office and was able to get back to in time (even if it took a while for me in the bank paying for quarterly taxes). The newly created bridge near our place made it possible for us to rush back from BGC and since I don't feel after effects, I was able to work right away. I was already in talks with other friends who had been vaccinated and some said that they didn't get to feel anything after the first jab. This was also my presumption until around 6PM when I started feeling warm and then hot. At 10PM my temperature has risen to 38.5. 

I chose to sleep in the sofa because I felt like I could not afford more body heat and possibly to not be too close because I feel like my entire body is sore from a very long workout. I started taking temps and paracetamol to aid with my temperature. I had to leave for half a day until it turned to whole day. I kept on replacing shirts because my temperature keeps me excessively perspiring. Around 8 I decided to take a bath and eat a proper dinner because the entire day I have no appetite. Around 10PM, my temp has lowered to my usual 36 range. 

As of writing my jab site still feels tender to the touch but I don't feel as much warm nor sore like last Thursday. I do hope two things: that it does it job of protecting me against COVID, and two, that I'm just a regular fella who would NOT GET ANY BLOOD CLOTS. I fear for this really, because I'm just starting a life, heck we haven't even moved in to our new house. Also hopefully that my family members will get their shots too. Other than me only my mom has the 1st vaccine (her 2nd appointment is anytime now) so I'm really wishing that the rest of my family gets scheduled soon.  


*I have a theory that sometimes you get a "hit" because you change your address because I know a lot of people with truly complete names and they still get a hit. I believe a changed address confuses the system of NBI to which I wonder, WHY ARE THEY NOT DOING ANYTHING ABOUT IT?!

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

T&J Weds: Getting a License at the Mandaluyong City Hall during the Pandemic (2021)

TME: Getting your NBI Clearance Easy

SNAP: BPI Express Credit Card: Ridiculously fast.