Covid 19, Quarantine and all that sh*t



I dedicate this post to my new found love, Ligo Tuna Flakes in Sunflower Oil (Hot and Spicy). If it weren't for COVID and Century Tuna has flown off shelves for weeks, I wouldn't have found you. You alone made me ruin my promise not to eat too much rice. (This is not an advert)


As of writing I have been in semi-isolation for 5 months. Semi, because I still have human contact whenever I do grocery runs, the random Shoppee / Lazada delivery guy, the condo guards  to name a few. But yes, none of them I know personally. I have not seen my family nor my boyfriend, my officemates and none of my friends. It has not been extremely bad, but I admit at some point I cried my eyes out because I feel so lonely. 

The first days/weeks of quarantine was just OK, except for the times I have to do grocery runs. I just had 3 of them where I had to haul so much stuff back to the condo on my trolly. One of them involved me and a bagger to walk all the way from Rustan's Shang to my place with a big cart. He's effectively the only guy I ever tipped that high.

I also tried online groceries. Tried from different stores with different outputs. My fave would have to be Homegrown because their veggies are really fresh and Metromart since you get to pay beforehand and would only deduct after you've received it. But then I already stopped because all the food I need and want I usually just get from my neighbors. I don't even have to go downstairs anymore. 

Speaking of deliveries, I have reason to believe that I have already spent at least 6 fig worth of stuff from Lazada, Shoppee etc. As I've said I don't actually go out so my time is spent on either working or doing nothing and I get bored easy so I did what I had to do. My inner hoarder beckoned. I bought a lot of of hobby stuff, baking ingredients and tools, paper quilling, paint by numbers, scratch art, cross stitch, diamond painting. What's worse with hobbies is not only am I buying them, I buy the accessories that come with it. Even storage. I even had my diamond painting framed. I try to do them one at a time although as of writing I am concentrating on finishing my cross stitch. I also bought games online, and have for a few days spent it playing Cities Skylines. This is on top of all the streaming subscriptions I already have. My running list of accomplishments during COVID involve the things I baked, the kits I have finished and the movies / series I have finished. Nothing that would make me rich someday, but everything that would keep my mind wandering off to loneliness I'd take. Funnily I haven't even opened a book, well, not exactly I did try to start two novels but I always end up doing anything else but. 

I don't know if I have already went beyond what "isolation" should do to my psyche but I get by by burying my head to what the next hobby I will get lost in to, or what is the next series on my list. I admit I miss going out, a lot. I mean I do wish to travel again for reals but it's the small things. Like walking back to my place after work, or stopping by to a restaurant and eating alone. I know that we can do those things now (quarantine has eased) even with a few restrictions, BUT it's not the same as it used to. 

Lastly, I am not sure who reads this blog but there's also a huge thing that was supposed to happen this month. It saddens me that this unexpected thing has affected my life plans and everything. I can only hope 2021 would be better.  


Below is my "accomplishment but not really list": (will be updated anytime)

Baking:

Cinnamon Rolls, Burnt Cheesecake, Milo Cupcakes, Chocnut cupcakes, Sourdough breads (2 fails, 1 extremely successful), brownies, chocolate chop cookies, cinnamon muffins. It has become my habit to give them away to everyone and lately been giving it away to my neighbors. 

Hobbies:

So far my finished work is my framed Diamond Painting of a Nell Campos. I'm currently working on a cross stich of his again. You can say I'm a fan. And I'm crazy because his stuff are really big. The diamond painting in question was stuck in probably 20% for almost a year already. If it weren't for this huge time that I have I wouldn't have finished it at all. I work on it before and after work and during lunch, and obviously on weekends. I think I might have burned more than 100 hours on it. 

Movies:

Not a lot but not in order:

Eurovision
Platform
Funny Girl
Vivarium
Anastasia

Finished TV Series (or until the latest season):

Glee
The Good Place
Mr. Robot
The Magicians 
The Sopranos
Dark
Superstore (well, the very latest is not in Prime but still in Finished for me)
Big Little Lies
Bojack Horseman
His Dark Materials
Floor is Lava
Upload 
Amazing Stories
The Big Flower Fight
South Park (S16-latest) 
The Chalet
Mad Men
The Morning Show
Watchmen
The Umbrella Academy
Expanse


On going:

Doom Patrol (S2) - Ongoing show! 
Mad Men (last season, thankfully picked up by Amazon Prime. I went on and watched all 6 seasons for 5 days in Netflix before it left.) UPDATE: done! 
The Goldbergs (most of my comedies are not available in their latest seasons at Netflix)
Expanse (S2)
The Morning Show (I've been meaning to finish all Apple TV originals before September comes since I don't want to renew)
See


Sort of on going but have not watched them a few weeks now:

Curb Your Enthusiasm
Better Call Saul
Watchmen
Dispatches from Elsewhere
La Casa de Papel
Riverdale
Twilight Zone (the new one)
The Outsider
Happy!

**There are also a lot on my list that I have currently stopped due to so many reasons, primarily of course because I can't find them elsewhere to watch. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

T&J Weds: Getting a License at the Mandaluyong City Hall during the Pandemic (2021)

TME: Getting your NBI Clearance Easy

SNAP: BPI Express Credit Card: Ridiculously fast.