Musical Review: Sweeney Todd





I have always wanted to hear Leah on stage because I have heard good things. So when Sweeney Todd appeared on my feed we immediately got tickets! Based from past experiences with Lion King and Wicked we got those ones a bit further from the stage, just enough to be able to see all angles. 

The play starts with a long "commercial" of the actors walking on the stage looking for something. At the end they revealed it to be a very good reminder of keeping unnecessary distractions out of bay. 

As expected Leah has exceeded all of my expectations. She's just ridiculously good. Her intonation, her singing, her pronunciation is crystal clear. However, I couldn't say the same with some of her co-stars. Some lose their accent midway, some sings garbled, and some I simply could not understand. The only reason I was able to follow what was happening is because I knew beforehand the Johnny Depp movie, even up to the songs I should expect to be sung. I wish I were able to hear the lyrics too because there are extremely long songs that I kind of drift off. 

The stage decor is a nice touch, it's gritty and grim and on point with the era they're trying to portray. Nitpicking, I didn't like how pies didn't look like one though. Made me not drool over a meat pie after.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

T&J Weds: Getting a License at the Mandaluyong City Hall during the Pandemic (2021)

TME: Getting your NBI Clearance Easy

SNAP: BPI Express Credit Card: Ridiculously fast.