The Hobbyt: Miniatures!




I have always been a fan of dioramas, dollhouses and miniatures. There's something about it that is exceptionally beautiful. In fact one of my fantasies is to be someone who does dioramas for a living! I remembered making one years back but it was more of a 3D miniature that pops out of a frame. I also have one that is barely done because the instructions are a bit hard to follow (it's in Chinese) so I just left it in it's box it's currently in one of my boxes left undone.

So anyway last year when my sister showed me there's a booth for miniatures I got myself one to try. If memory serves I finished it in 2 nights. It's not perfectly followed as usual with all of my works but I'm quite satisfied.



The kit I got has everything that I would need. Glue, scissors, ruler, etc. The instructions are easy to follow and does not require specialized skills. I even did it half sleepy.

I love that all the lights and the music box worked. No need to test like it was said on the instruction.



Fast forward a few days and it's my birthday and Reagan thought it a good idea to give me one as a gift. It's a house, it had everything, a living room, kitchen and a bath. It's bedroom is at the second floor! Honestly, it was so overwhelming. There are just so many tiny pieces that was extremely hard to do! I also bought more tools, got myself a cutting mat, 2 more scissors one for paper and one for fabric, a heavy duty cutter and a wire cutter. The last one was really helpful because no matter how I cut the wires as carefully as I could it still ends up with a ruined cable cover and it helped me bend the wires easily than with just fingers.


Oh hi Hermione!

I started December last year and finished it after 6 months because it was stressing me out! I left it unfinished in my workstation for months some of the furniture even start accummulating dust. But fueled by my eagerness for a new hobby I just bought, I pushed through to finish all the pieces every night I'm free until one gloomy Saturday when everything is now in order.



Doing the blue house was a tall order, there are glaring things I couldn't / didn't follow perfectly. There are huge errors you could only notice once you put it back to back to a model piece it's actually funny when some people (I kid you not!!) thought it was a real room! But don't get me wrong I would love to improve in doing minis but there are three things I need to do first: I need more places to put my finished works, I need an overhead tripod for my camera to record my progress and lastly find the perfect mini that have all of the pieces that have none of those I hated working on from the blue house. Like the slippers. And the dining table. And the cabinet's tiny knobs.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

T&J Weds: Getting a License at the Mandaluyong City Hall during the Pandemic (2021)

TME: Getting your NBI Clearance Easy

SNAP: BPI Express Credit Card: Ridiculously fast.