Hear Ye Hear Ye, Our New Leaders are Here

duterte-robredo_cnnph


Image from CNN Philippines


Today our next set of officials are finally declared. Who would have known that the two highest positions would go to complete opposites, or so most of us think. They do share something in common: they are candidates we never would have expected to rise in the ranks 6 years ago. Congratulations to both of them! Their position starts now and here's what we expect to be fixed / done ASAP:




  1. Transportation. Basically I can go to and fro work by foot everyday. If not because of the free lung cancer it entails, I can. But this is not the case for most of our workers where commute is only getting worse. Least to say we lose money over traffic, time lost with what's important (family bonding, good night sleep, amongst others) is something we could never take back. More train lines, more skyways, more airports and seaports would be a good investment for both local and foreign tourism, not to mention spreading out wealth and businesses at the outskirts of the city.

  2. Tax Reform. I'm not expecting to get a 100% tax free in my lifetime but I would greatly appreciate if we are given a break from ridiculous rates. In my case not only am I paying for income tax, I also pay percentage taxes every month, and all my purchases with VAT. Every move I make involves taxes and honestly I could use the extra money in paying for my amortization.

  3. Death Penalty (?). While I do believe we all have a right to live, we can't just ignore how someone's action can result to another's right as well. For me, the moment you involve an innocent in your stupidity and wrong decisions is enough of a reason for a penalty that would put an end to it all. Plus, we should stop coddling criminals! Our taxes should rather go to those needy kids who wanted to survive, those parents who work their ass out for their families.

  4. Salary Increase. I'm OK if I won't get one personally if #1 effectively increases my take home pay, but I'm all up for our servicemen get them. Nurses, teachers, police, army, navy should be priority. It will boost morale, reduce temptations and inspire future generations to join the ranks.

  5. The End of Tanim Bala. No need for explanation!


There are still a lot of things on Duterte-Robredo's plate these are just a few of the things I hope would improve on their reign. I'm just too tired of listening to our old administration's excuses, sarcasm and notorious comments. What we need is political will and enactment of what needs to be fixed. Like the rest of the people in this country, I hope this is the lifetime we've all been waiting for, a better much improved Philippines something we can all love and be proud of (genuinely) again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

T&J Weds: Getting a License at the Mandaluyong City Hall during the Pandemic (2021)

TME: Getting your NBI Clearance Easy

SNAP: BPI Express Credit Card: Ridiculously fast.