Dan In Real Life (5.24.9)





Rating:

★★★
Category:Movies
Genre: Romantic Comedy
P2, Dan, P2, Dan. Obviously I'd choose Dan (I think this was on HBO, Star Movies had P2). As much as I enjoy murder films, I just can't get the hang of watching slasher films or anything that ignites pathos, I’m more interested in the murder mystery type or just those that are on the killer’s side. I just can’t take too much adrenaline rush.

Another reason I’ve seen Dan is obviously because of Carell. I never would have thought that this was a romantic movie (I’m a bit allergic) but I stayed anyway because it wasn’t hardcore ‘I-love-you-forever-and-ever’ type of story. What was interesting was that I kind of relate to the character he portrays, someone reserved and unpopular. I don’t even need to mention that he’s a writer.

It wasn’t exactly the cheesy type of film you’d reminisce over and over with your beloved but it was some issue I don’t know if I was in the situation I don’t know if I can live with. Ending up with your brother’s fiancĂ©e is somewhat weird, like imagine what would it be like when the kids are older and you tell them how the two of you met. And while we are talking about families, I kind of wished my family had the same get-away and stay with them for around a whole week and do games, exercises, eat dinner, etc, etc.

Watching the movie I thought how boring I must be (the movie wasn’t... it was just in the middle of being ok), just that same old Dan minus the kids and a dead wife but was happy just the same for a simple happy ever after. And oh, I almost forgot. I just found I enjoy easy-listening music. I think I have to find their soundtrack.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

T&J Weds: Getting a License at the Mandaluyong City Hall during the Pandemic (2021)

TME: Getting your NBI Clearance Easy

SNAP: BPI E-Prepaid Credit Card (12.23.11)