Jason Mraz - The Good Vibes Tour (05.08.2019 MOA Arena)





It's just a few days shy when it's exactly 7 years since Mr A-Z has graced our shores but based on the evening we had last night, the man still got it!

Like the last time, do not expect anything flashy on his performances. There are no tricks up his sleeve, no surprise games, just pure night of fun and music. You could tell by the way he croons the audience that he really loves what he do. He had just one quick pause to catch his breath and off he went singing one hit after the other. The setlist I was following was almost perfect if only for one or two songs I didn't knew he would do. One was the duet with our local talent Renee (who was said to be also performing on the Singapore leg) which I have yet to find. They did Lucky too, and IIRC Jason already did last 2013 with another local singer as well.

Renee was, and I've been vocal about this, sings in an Indie Girl style I abhor to the core. But to her benefit, her voice is clean, you couldn't hear any hesitation and her intonation was spot on. Others won't mind but I did quite a lot especially when she breathes more than usual. But then what do you do, it's the in style nowadays. I'm just glad it's just two songs.



Back to Jason, the songs are a myriad of old and new but as I've noticed mostly old happy ones. What the stage lack in pizazz, Jason and Raining Jane made up through dancing and running around the stage. It's reciprocated by the crowd who is unsurprisingly alive (it's a work day give us Titos and Titas a break) in all of his performances even up to the last song. His voice all these years shows no signs of weakening. He could still hit the notes he set a long time ago and his rapping parts still crystal clear.



There is one advantage on my really high seat is that the only obstruction I have is the railing at our balcony (upper A). No Ipads, no non stop dancing, no need to stand up. And the acoustics are so good that even up top I got really decent audio. What I hate though is that I haven't been this far up since probably the first Script concert and that was what 5 shows ago, so I truly dislike not being able to look at their faces at a decent distance. AND MY PHOTOS ARE HORRIBLE TOO! HOPEFULLY next time I could coax my mates into getting the much more expensive ones. I mean, after all this time Jason Mraz's concerts are still really good. Why not right?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

T&J Weds: Getting a License at the Mandaluyong City Hall during the Pandemic (2021)

TME: Getting your NBI Clearance Easy

SNAP: BPI E-Prepaid Credit Card (12.23.11)