The National Museum of Natural History



I arrived by Luneta hours earlier but I suddenly had the urge to come in around 330 in hopes that there are less people. I thought that the line outside WAS the only line but as soon as I entered the doors the queue snaked 3x! There are two main problems, 1 the XRAY machine for bags is not working (surprise surprise) and there is only one log book. The museum has been open since last year and I was hoping that they could be more efficient than this. Yes they do let your group in and have one representative but what is stopping them to have more than 1 log book?

The all white paint of the interior adds is really pretty to look at. It's clean and modern. I also loved how they've thought of adding ramps on each floor to help even our PWDs and seniors to reach with ease. The airy main hall ensures that it won't feel cramped. Too bad it's not open in the evenings, I wondered the dome would have looked good with proper lighting. I just hope the AC is cranked higher because it's a bit humid especially with too many people around. 

The displays are surprisingly good, maybe because everything is still new. I loved how some floors were transformed to look like you're under the sea, or in the middle of the woods. I would love to go back on a non busy day because it feels like the noise of all the kids running and screaming takes off the museum feel I envisioned the experience to be. Based on experience museums overseas are usually quiet even with kids around maybe because there are more  presence of museum personnel who would reprimand touching exhibits (I had to call out a teen touching a painting) or any other misbehavior. Kids should learn early how to behave properly in places such as museums. 

There are still floors not accessible for public which is why I'm excited to come back when the museum is 100% complete. Amazing wish lists include gift shops, more interactive displays, AVP rooms for scheduled programs and all that I've mentioned above. And oh, don't forget to bring back Lolong too!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

T&J Weds: Getting a License at the Mandaluyong City Hall during the Pandemic (2021)

TME: Getting your NBI Clearance Easy

SNAP: BPI E-Prepaid Credit Card (12.23.11)