Thank you Sense 8!




I have just finished the Finale. It was an amazing episode, all the cast were there (LIKE ALL!!), their loved ones are there, everything that would we imagine to happen on a 2hr 31mins finale was there. I was happy the entire episode albeit there are times that I was scared and shocked but over all the closure we've hoped for was wonderfully delivered by the Wachowskis. I started crying when the credits rolled in and how we were acknowledged with big white letters: FOR THE FANS. 

It was a roller coaster of a ride with Sense 8. I remembered stumbling on finishing the first episode. But after I powered through it I started to be amazed at the universe of Sense 8. It was refreshing and one of a kind. It's a series I could not compare with anything else and I kicked myself multiple times why I haven't seen it much sooner. Everything about it works. The chemistry of the actors, the amazing shots and how they were able to pull it off, having all 8 being in different countries all at the same time. 

When I was done with the series I can't stop talking about it, encouraging people to watch it too. So far no one who I've recommended it to disliked it. I mean how could you? All of the 8: Wolfgang, Kala, Riley, Will, Capheus, Sun, Lito and Nomi are all charming in their own ways. All of them couldn't even be different in backgrounds and nationalities even, but that didn't stop them in cooperating and finding families with each other. Every time they found one of them in danger they pool all of their resources to aid their co-sensates. The whole series was a journey where everyone of them were able to rise up to any situation you put them through. I rarely wish I live in a fictional world but watching them made me feel like I'm the ninth sensate of the cluster. Happy when they are, sad when they are. Their parties are truly one of a kind and I love repeating them over and over. That is why when the cancellation happened out of nowhere, I was devastated. 

I remembered it was a Friday here in Manila and I can't properly work. Those were agonizing days.  There were so many things left undone, most especially after a dreadful cliffhanger. Netflix is not budging too and we all felt helpless. They were saying that no one was watching it to merit such a budget. Obviously it would be, THEY ARE NOT MARKETING IT!! Add to that the logistics of moving so many people around the globe that is not only daunting but extremely expensive. And hearing all those OTHER series that we wonder why in heaven's name get renewed (I am looking at you 13 Reasons Why) I could say in full confidence that the fans were all pissed off. What's worse is they've bumped it off the main list! 

And then, a miracle happened. We were given a Finale. It wasn't the ALLEGEDLY last 3 seasons, but this was all the closure we need (for the meantime perhaps?). I know it would have been better but this is what it is. It's bittersweet of course but who knows? With what I've just seen, my sensates found their happy endings. The journey was terribly short but I'm glad to be on a time to have seen it. 

Thank you Wachowskis and all the crew!

Thank you Wolfgang, Kala, Riley, Will, Capheus, Sun, Lito and Nomi! 

Thank you for a beautiful story about love and all forms of it. Amor Vincit Omnia!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

T&J Weds: Getting a License at the Mandaluyong City Hall during the Pandemic (2021)

TME: Getting your NBI Clearance Easy

SNAP: BPI E-Prepaid Credit Card (12.23.11)