Big Little Lies





FAQs

Q. How long will I stay in the couch for this?

A. 8 hrs tops! Just 7 episodes so hurry up and be a hermit for a day!

Q. Is it worth the 8 hours?

A. Absolutely! It's fast paced, no unnecessary back stories. Tons of flashbacks that would make sense eventually. The actors are perfect for their roles in an unexpected way. Where else would you see Nicole Kidman as a battered housewife? How about Shailene Woodley and Zoe Kravitz as moms?

Q. What genre is this?

A. Murder mystery. This is reminiscent of How to Get Away With Murder Season 1 when the first scene started with a mystery corpse being found and the entire season narrates how everything culminates to that point.

What to love:

1. Chloe. I rarely like kid characters because they are either too annoying or they're easily frightened or too naive. Chloe is the complete opposite. SHE IS THE BEST. She's also the Baby of this series (Baby Driver). Her music taste is so good there are tons of playlist in Spotify in her honor.

2. How not to become a mom. This is how Desperate Housewives (earlier seasons) would have been if they focused on being moms rather than who's screwing who. It is interesting how different types of moms react on what situation they're thrown in. I know I'm not one yet but I bet any mom would definitely find a friend/frenemy there amongst the samples on the show.

3. Cast. I was shocked to find a lot of familiar faces. I only know the first 3 (Kidman, Witherspoon, Woodley). Solid.

4. Ending. Yes. I love it. I don't want to spoil anything but there's one quote (also said in one of the episodes) that rang in my head as the mystery was finally unveiled: "It takes a village*"

I do not know if that makes sense to anyone who have seen BLL but to me it does in a weird way. It meant more to me now after seeing it. I am hoping one person shares the same sentiment or else I am imagining meaning in things.

NOW, is a Season 2 necessary? Nope. It's perfect as it is. Probably a different cast somewhere else instead? After the ending I see no reason why there's a need for any of the rest of the cast to die.

*If you're unfamiliar it's supposed to be: It takes a village to raise a child.



Image from TheAtlantic.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

T&J Weds: Getting a License at the Mandaluyong City Hall during the Pandemic (2021)

TME: Getting your NBI Clearance Easy

SNAP: BPI E-Prepaid Credit Card (12.23.11)