Renewal of Philippine Passport!

20160827_234852


My passport is not yet due but I have a few plans in my head that involved me getting a new one before we go on our next travel. I've been reading the same site about the requirements of securing an ID and 3 documents. I have no problems with IDs but documents I do. I only have a birth certificate and I cannot afford the time it would take for me to get a Barangay, NBI and police clearances. I asked around and got a good answer from a neighbor who just got hers renewed. Truly enough it's the same set I was asked:




  1. 1 Government ID (+ photocopy. It seems like they preferred my SSS over my driver's)

  2. 1 Document (NSO birth certificate (and photocopy) BUT this is just to ensure that if I was asked a document I came prepared. I didn't have to submit it at all, it was returned to me with the photocopy BUT I can still overhear some of age being asked for it especially the original NSO copy)

  3. Old Passport (+ photocopy of 2nd page and last page)

  4. Printout of your appointment and form. This should have been sent to you when you made your appointment online.


Things that are good to know (at Megamall branch anyway!):




  1. Don't be too early especially on a weekend (let's say an hour before your appointment) when the lines are long. They would only accommodate a certain number of people in.

  2. Even if you don't have a photocopy with you of any of your documents, they have a to pay service inside the premises. However this would only do you good if you have people who would save you in line, else you would have to do 2 queues instead of one since the line at the photocopy area is different from Step 1.

  3. Prepare 1200 php instead of 900+. Saturdays are supposed to be for rush applicants so in case you have the time to spare on a weekday and would save a few bucks, don't go on a weekend.

  4. While there is a long line, the process is quick and you'd be next in no time. I wasn't even able to use the reading material I've brought. I didn't even halved my end goal.

  5. Don't do what I did of sleeping late prior to appointment. My photo had so much eyebags on it :-(

  6. If you've brought your old passport a clear case, remove it before you approach the counter. I was also advised not to put the new one also.


 

Goodluck! I hope you get yours easy too!

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

T&J Weds: Getting a License at the Mandaluyong City Hall during the Pandemic (2021)

TME: Getting your NBI Clearance Easy

SNAP: BPI E-Prepaid Credit Card (12.23.11)