COMS: Beware the 5 Layer Cake by Lucca (7.27.2014)

We have this surprise cake we planned to give to one of our bosses here at the office. I was assigned to get it and was ok to do so since it's a task I love to do. I also realize I haven't even tried going to Lucca's all this time I've been going to the new Fashion Hall at Megamall so here I am picking it up.

I saw it on display but didn't think too much of it because I'm fixated on the treats they have there too. There's pastries of different kinds, and there's a caramel cupcake that I'm itching to buy. It's just 70 pesos and I think I have enough money on me to do so...

"Be careful, mam, hold it by the base" she said. I wondered why does she have that kind of instruction when she's handing me the gold box of cake but when I picked it up, I was shocked.

Damn girl, you're heavy.

I was carrying it by the base walking from the 5th floor fashion hall to the other side of Megamall nearest to the office. I made one stop at the 5th to adjust my arm and another at the 3rd floor when I decided to eat. It was so heavy my arm is literally shaking while I was putting the spoon to my mouth. I can't even hold my phone to eye level because it was so weakened.

By the time I arrived at the office, I was in sweats, and my breathing is so laborious I felt like I was close to fainting. Thank heavens I didn't.

After all the weight lifting I endured for the day, gleefully I sliced me some when offered. Since it's a tall cake, I decided a slim one would do. Be prepared though when you get one, prepare a really sturdy knife because it's too packed,




Regardless of what office mates say that it was too sweet, for me, I think the overall cake is wonderful. I honestly want the same sized slice now. There's no bitter taste of flour and the frosting is just right. I would love to have one to a party! And this has totally made me want to go back and try their other cakes and pastries. Maybe before I go on a diet.

So  you think I'm just exaggerating? Pre-order one today (not sure if they allow walk ins to buy a whole cake for the day) for evidence. It's just 950 pesos. Try it.

Lucca can be found at the 5th floor of Fashion Hall Megamall, near IMAX. Share your thoughts!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

T&J Weds: Getting a License at the Mandaluyong City Hall during the Pandemic (2021)

TME: Getting your NBI Clearance Easy

SNAP: BPI E-Prepaid Credit Card (12.23.11)