Shinjuku Incident (6.12.9)



Rating:★★★
Category:Movies
Genre: Foreign

Ahahaha! Finally. RPI was being difficult the past times when there is a movie I'm itching to watch (remember Slumdog Millionaire and Star Trek) and fail to do so because they had it on for just a week or even less because they tend to take it off their list on most unusual days. And then there is this, finally not a victim of their stupid decisions.

As I've shown on my list of movies way back then, I'm more of a Li fan (well not exactly. I just have a crush on him so I'm more biased haha). Chan is, well as I've observed, most appealing to those who are onto antics and comicky moves. So on this film I know I wouldn't want to miss to see some side to his acting most of us aren't aware of. Plus, it's a Japanese-Chinese rivalry movie AGAIN. Why won't I be tempted?

This is the first movie I've seen where the Chinese are on Japanese soil, most often as I've seen shown on my bus trips it's the other way around, but it's still the Chinese who are oppressed.

There is nothing remarkable about the frames, nor to the storyline. There wasn't too much drama too so to those who are afraid of seeing Chan doing some 5-minute long weeping, well they won't. Goodness they haven't, else I'd be suspecting the director is a local. Plus there are slurs. I haven't heard yet (if there was tell me) a Chinese complain on what some character there said something about them doing the jobs the Japanese would never do. Well good thing they let it pass. Hence you won't get the point on why the gap between the two races. One thinks trash of the other in some way (still unaware of that? Search for the uproar from the Chinese when Zhang Ziyi portrayed the role of a Japanese on Memoirs of a Geisha). Try doing that here and you'd never have your movie shown.

But I do find it unappealing of having too many characters in the plot. Well the intention is there, to show gangs and whose connected to whom but in doing so would only leave too many loose ends and would only leave the rest of us confused. I also hated the fact that they've dubbed the movie. If they had it subbed I would have enjoyed it better. I don't talk Mandarin nor Nippongo but it would have emphasized the portrayal of the character and would have helped us discern the nationality of whose who since they looked similarly alike. And yeah. I think I forgot to mention Daniel Wu is there. But he became some cheap drug addicted kid with slashes on his beautiful face. And later on you see him sport an emo look. Aww. Another disappointment.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

T&J Weds: Getting a License at the Mandaluyong City Hall during the Pandemic (2021)

TME: Getting your NBI Clearance Easy

SNAP: BPI E-Prepaid Credit Card (12.23.11)