The Hobbyt: Lemon Blocks




In one of my rare visits at Divisoria, I have never thought I would splurge again on #Bootlegos even if it's not in any of my list to do so. I was able to get a Sembo set once more which I got for cheap (130 each, an almost 69PHP savings) and would have gotten more if I didn't remind myself that I just got 9 boxes of Lemon Blocks.




I was just browsing on this go to shop my sisters and I frequent and I noticed a box that looked like Sembo but wasn't. It was the right size (it's not too small / large) so I began moving boxes to find more. Unfortunately the boxes were all oddly stacked with other toys that after a long while searching I just got all the unique boxes I could get. I got 3 sets all missing a 4th store. Yes I know, my "OCD" kicks in when I think about it but I've already moved enough toys on display that it would be a waste if all the time I spent moving everything around and I would not buy a piece. 

Come Sunday I opened a few boxes. Initial reaction is that it feels like Sembo but a bit smaller. The stores are 2 floors but it's not as tall as Sembo was. It was also cheaply packaged, the base lego and stickers were not even in plastic and the manuals are haphazardly folded. I hope all the contents of my boxes are all complete. Stickers are OK to be missing but it would be a shame if one of them have missing base plates. Speaking of stickers, the ones I got were not cut nor aligned perfectly so sometimes the clear films needed to be cut to fit on the legos. 



But in spite of that I found these much better to assemble because the pieces fit excellently with each other. You could see how the gaps are consistent when placed together. Their glasses are again not clear like if as if it was already played before. 



The end result is satisfying, especially for something that comes cheap. The colors are almost close to the manual, and is probably the easiest of all three (so far) to follow as well. My only pet peeve is how the 2nd floor is not enclosed liked in Sembo and Loz, maybe because they want to save on larger pieces. Which is why it's unfortunate that I couldn't find too much info on them online so maybe this is the most underground set I've gotten so far. I would be on the lookout if in case it does come up elsewhere. And this is to hoping the missing ones of my sets would resurface!  


Price: 110 PHP / box

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

T&J Weds: Getting a License at the Mandaluyong City Hall during the Pandemic (2021)

TME: Getting your NBI Clearance Easy

SNAP: BPI E-Prepaid Credit Card (12.23.11)