T&J Travels #11: Marikina

I have always wanted to go to Marikina! I heard a lot of good things there and how clean it is. I would really like to see it myself.

The restaurant we visited today was recommended by my boss and I am eager to taste their famous pancakes!

+ Rustic Mornings +


They do have an indoor setting. This is just where we chose to sit.

The serving that we got was HUUUUGGEEEE. I don't know if we're allowed to share but I wish we could because it was hard to finish. I even had Reagan clean my plate. I am not to complain, I just hope that I could take in all of those lovely deliciousness in my stomach.





+ Marikina Shoe Museum + 



A few steps away is a museum that houses what Marikina is most famous for: shoes. It's a really small building and inspite of it, not as cold as I would hope. The aircon barely works sadly.

There were not a lot of people in that day so we were able to look at the displays without waiting for others to finish. They have a small display of different types of shoes, shoe contest winners and famous ones from Filipino celebrities.



I wish the museum is larger to house more shoes! They have a small collection of Imelda's as well and based on what I saw she does have a good taste in shoes. I imagine them housed much elegantly as the shoes are though. All those brands look expensive and some are even barely used that it's a shame cramming them in small shelves.



+ Marikina Riverbanks +

We asked around for directions and found out that there's a jeep a few blocks away that could take us exactly to this Riverbanks I kept on hearing about. I do not know if there's other ways but we found ourselves walking the entire stretch of a mall until we reached the end leading up the famous river. I would like to visit the miniature museum also but the guard told us that since it's already quarter to 5 we may not enjoy our stay.

And so we found ourselves near the river. We stayed there a long time just enjoying the breeze in our hair. This type of nature park within reach is something I fancied for so long, not living anywhere close.



From our vantage point we went down to the bridge that will lead us to SM Marikina. Their designer would have done a better job if they've made it look like a beautiful landmark and still be flood ready. What a wasted opportunity.



Reagan kid me in finding a house to stay here for good but then told me that it might be worrisome when flood strikes. We had this office mate who lives there and experienced that in one of those heavy rain fall storms and was lucky that the flood water that came into their house has only reached a few inches away from the top of his beloved billiard table. I am not a high person so that it is really high in my standards. But that would not stop us from coming to visit though!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

T&J Weds: Getting a License at the Mandaluyong City Hall during the Pandemic (2021)

TME: Getting your NBI Clearance Easy

SNAP: BPI E-Prepaid Credit Card (12.23.11)