Japan Visa

 

20180116_205944

When I was younger, I have applied for a Citibank credit card. I know I am trusty when it comes to finances but for reasons only Citibank knows I haven't had any feedback from them. Since then I am always scared when it comes to applying for things that involve background checks on financial capabilities. Luckily for me I didn't have to apply for a credit card and my home loan was easily granted. But I didn't forget that Citibank thing I am led to believe I will have the same fate of rejection when we applied for a Japan Visa.


I didn't know that my boyfriend would agree to this since we've already talked about going to Malaysia last and then we'd restart saving for our wedding. I know he's torn about doing this (and me too) but we believe it's the best time for us to try the application while we can.


There are already tons of blogs regarding Filipinos getting a Japan Visa but in case you dear reader has stumbled upon this entry of mine, I'll just post the experience:


Requirements


Birth Certificate


Must be within the year of application. BF thought he just got his this year only for both of us to find out his birth certificate is just days until expiration. In case you don't know yet, the date of the birth certificate's print is at the bottom after the bar code. It's at the rightmost part of that long string of characters.


Processing Days: 8 Days ( I have a reason to believe it's the fault of the 2 day strike that was suddenly declared as holidays)


Cost: 160 PHP


Certificate of Employment 


Don't forget to have your salary on it and if you are deployed somewhere, have your HR put it there too.


Processing Days: 1 Month (Highly depends on your company)


Cost: Free


Bank Certificate(s)


Processing Days: 1 Hour Max not including waiting for your turn.


Extra Notes: I have this old BPI account that I was told a BPI Direct. It took 3 days to have it sent to the bank I was nearest (where I applied for the request). I also wanted to get one from Robinson's Bank but their bank manager is only available weekdays. I wish I've applied for it sooner since I could only visit them during weekends. BDO, Robinsons and RCBC had to be your branch.


Cost: Depends on your bank. 100 PHP for BPI (will debit from your account but the deduction won't show on the bank certificate). Both BDO (pay in cash) and RCBC (as I was told) costs 200 PHP


Extra Notes: BPI has a specialty paper with a red backing while BDO is a bit disappointing, just your regular bond paper with logo.


Stock Certificate (COL)


This was not a part of the requirements but my office mate told me to attach one. The travel agency accepted it after inquiring a colleague.


Processing Days: At least 2 Working Days.


Cost: 100 PHP (debit from your portfolio's available balance)


Extra Notes: You will receive two emails from them, one is the acknowledgement receipt (after you've sent a signed request via email) and the second one for pickup.


Tax Form(s)

I don't have an ITR but I do have a 1701 Form. I photocopied the entire compilation of 9 pages (plus the bank receipt). BF passed a letter explaining why he doesn't have any (new hire)


Processing Days: N/A

Cost: Almost free since I have a printer and A4s at home.

Japan Application Form

The form at the Japan Embassy's website cannot be saved so have a printer nearby when you've already filled up the form. Also put an N/A at ALL fields that does not apply. It's nice that they allow us to pass our already printed forms with N/As those we didn't put in any.


Processing Days: N/A

Cost: Almost free since I have a printer and A4s at home.

Photo 

Don't forget to mention that you would need it for a Japan Visa so they could adjust the size for you.

Processing Days: 1 Hour (Fujifilm)

Cost: Around 200++ if memory serves. I could not find the receipt anymore :-(. I wished I knew a cheaper studio.

Itinerary

Download from this link. You don't need to put in extremely specific plans (like where you're going to lunch) but just make sure that whatever you put there are within reason. For instance, you can't have an IT that is far and beyond what you can afford with your finances (e.g. don't say your plans are going to Sapporo and you barely have anything on the bank. Airfares there cost double or triple than going to Tokyo upon checking). At least research which are logically sound to be on your IT. You could go back and forth Osaka and Tokyo within the day but not only is that taxing, you wouldn't have the time to enjoy both places and the one who'd assess your papers might find it suspicious you didn't do your homework or worse. Look at Google Maps. It's free.


Processing Days: Depends how long you research

Cost: Almost free since I have a printer and A4s at home.

Hotel

It was a last minute decision I wasn't supposed to get any. But then there are hotels in Agoda that allow cancellations so why not? We got a full week of accommodation at Osaka (which we cancelled later on to make it easier for us to get flights).


Processing Days: Depends how long you research

Cost: Depends on the hotel you plan to stay.

++

Travel Agency for Visa Processing: Travelpros

Once we've completed all requirements we went to Megamall where we still couldn't decide which agency we should take. This was decided for us when we looked at the windows of of Reli Tours and it was fully packed. We have no plans to stay there for the entire day so we tried to search for Travelpros (Mega B) that had no clients. We paid 950 each. We passed our requirements on a Saturday and I got our passports exactly the next Saturday. I don't know if it really takes that long or they just process it by batch. When I called Wednesday it was still at the embassy, Friday naman, it was still for pickup and was told to come the next day. We didn't receive any text.


++

It was a relief that both of us were able to get visas because it would be a really hard decision for any of us to forgo the opportunity just because one of us didn't get it. Can't wait for Feb!


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

T&J Weds: Getting a License at the Mandaluyong City Hall during the Pandemic (2021)

TME: Getting your NBI Clearance Easy

SNAP: BPI E-Prepaid Credit Card (12.23.11)