HMR Online Auction: YEAAAAAAP Online*

I don't know what has possessed me to check out HMR again only this time, ONLINE. They have an app (browser works just as fine) that allows you to bid for items with the exception of meeting your competition and that last for a few days. I was only browsing until I saw lots that made me eventually bid. Funko Pops! Who knew they have these too!

There are 7 items which I have all the intention to buy and resell that's why I was intent in getting it all even the crocodile one which I've no idea from where. At the end of the bid I was lucky to get 3: Groot, Hermione Granger and Ron Weasley. Too bad 2 of the ones I liked slipped: Loki And Jack Sparrow! I was too busy in the office I haven't noticed the notification that someone just outbid me. It was the last 6 minutes. Sayang!

I was able to get my winnings the day after (Sat). From what I understood, payments should be done within 5 days, picked up in 7 (with 25PHP up additional each day). It's either I get it this weekend or risk being banned. This weekend is fully packed ( MIBF, party of my friend, OT ) so I have to plan my schedule accordingly. Overall the claiming is hassle free. I was able to finish the entire transaction quite easy.



HOW TO BID

There are two registrations. One is your account with them. Both the app and the browser does not require you to be logged in but it would be easier if you are because you would want the notifications to pop up. They do send you an email but the pop up IMO is good to have.

The second registration requires you to choose which group (what is it called anyway?) you want to join (consequent ones are automatically approved, just wait for a little while). Most of the time they have 2 or more groups for General Merchandise while Car, Equipment and Machineries take much longer. Also if memory serves a deposit is required for big ticket items (A car bid starts at 20k). In my case when I registered I was called by their agent to validate my particulars until they approved my participation. The second one took a few days to be approved but only after I called. It seems I was missed out. I won't be able to bid there anymore anyway because of the dates. See you next time Microwave Oven / Airfryer. We could have been great.

HOW TO GO TO HMR SUCAT

If you're a Ryoga like me, here's an impossible to be lost guide:

From EDSA, take any bus that has SUCAT as signage.

Without traffic you should be in Sucat in less than 20-30 minutes. Take into account too that sometimes they would take long at Ayala and Magallanes.

The first bus stop once it comes out of the expressway is Bicutan. Your marker is the SM Bicutan on the right. The next stop would be Sucat.

In my experience I had to take the overpass but I stayed on the same side (right). DO NOT CROSS to the other side!

You could get yourself a jeep or walk parallel to the road until you see a large warehouse. The only time you would turn right is when you finallysee the HMR signage. Since it was my first time coming here I really thought I was on the wrong side of the road because I saw another HMR / SM building on my left. It was only after the guard of HMR answered yes to my question: "Is this where you pickup the online bids?" was I able to breathe freely. I have no idea how I could get to the other HMR on the other side.



The redeeming process is quite easy (or possibly because I'm the first customer). You have to pay to the cashier and wait for your items to be pulled out. Done a quick inspection and whoala. I am out of the building. IT was actually quicker than me walking that stretch.

It was a good experience and I would definitely bid again. Hopefully there are more amazing deals in the future. So far I only got interested with a few but not that interested to bid higher when outbid. Or quite possibly when the time is right try it for reals. I bet that would be super exciting.

*not their tagline. Just thought it's apt summoning Dave Hester.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

T&J Weds: Getting a License at the Mandaluyong City Hall during the Pandemic (2021)

TME: Getting your NBI Clearance Easy

SNAP: BPI E-Prepaid Credit Card (12.23.11)