FOOD APPS: EATIGO


It may not be a first world problem but it's a normal everyday ordeal for any office worker. Where to eat? What am I going to eat? WHO AM I GOING TO EAT WITH?*


Downloaded this app as a recommend and had it tried to eat on one of their participating restaurants today: KKK (Megamall branch)


Wednesday I was attempting to book for 5 people on the 12 am sched at 30% off by Friday. 1130 would have been a better choice because they offer 50% but our break is exactly 1130 and I doubt we could make it on time. I was trying for 12pm but the app refuses me to book any more than 2 people. That's when I ended up with booking for Thursday / 12pm / 30% / 4 people.


When we arrived I asked if it's possible to add 1 person and were told that instead of the 30% it will be reduced to 20%. As to how the manager came up with that reduction I don't know but since this is my fault we went with it anyway.



We have eaten here a few times before but somehow today the food came out real quick. I guess they are well prepared. What I don't understand though is that THERE ARE NO OTHER CUSTOMERS. There was probably 2 or 3 tables that were filled in as we were eating but it begs the question: WHERE THE F*CK ARE THE REST OF THE CUSTOMERS THAT WERE SUPPOSED TO HAVE RESERVED MORE SEATS?! The positive me thinks everyone but us haven't cancelled our reservation. The pessimist me wants to go by the restaurant every day to check if they really are fully booked everyday. I tried to book for other days at the same time and all refused to seat 6. Unless everyone books but doesn't come or something fishy is going on. This post deserves an update!


UPDATE:


So after a few tries I have now realized that the error log can mean two things:


The reservation is indeed full OR


The store does not allow that number of people for that discount.


Well actually the second one was discussed to me by my officemate. I started testing this and was able to verify that it has to be either of the two. I tried it in Heat Shang and was able to choose 25% for 1 person at 1130 and 2 people for 25% again but at a later time. KKK however would only accept as much as 4 people for 30%. So basically before your eyes pop out of their sockets, try to test first if all of your lunch mates could fit in the number that is allowed. But then who stops you from having the booking in groups and share the food after. We have to yet try this. In theory it should work. But who stops the restaurant from kicking you out?


*Jokes on you I eat alone

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

T&J Weds: Getting a License at the Mandaluyong City Hall during the Pandemic (2021)

TME: Getting your NBI Clearance Easy

SNAP: BPI E-Prepaid Credit Card (12.23.11)