HistoryConPH 2017

I don't know why I resisted so long to go. I wasn't that much excited even though History and FYI are one of the few channels I stay on the TV. But the sisters are quite insistent so here we are attending. The entrance is quite cheap and I haven't been out for the weekend so what the heck (250PHP for a day pass).



We arrived around lunchtime so the line is not as long going in. Obviously the first thing we did was get the freebie bag (literally just the bag with nothing on it, lanyards just ran out). It was on a separate hall where all the food and some merchandise where situated, a few exhibits (livestock petting, exotic pets, Tiny House sample) and a stage. On this hall we were able to spot Simon Yin shooting a video and John Weisbarth and Zack Giffin on stage (on a later part of the day). The variety of food also smells awesome but the lack of tables and seats opted us to eat outside instead (just Shakey's. They're the only ones that are completely shaded from the 3PM sun). We did have Lemoon's Lemonade though (one size probably large, 77PHP).



The main hall is filled with cars, toys, exhibits and merchandise that range from geeky to nostalgic. That kind of range will cater to any age, it's basically the channels History and FYI in real life (although I was hoping there are DIY corners). It's cute seeing older people get giddy posing for selfies with vintage cars and war replicas. It's nice crowd basically. I mean one of the reasons I stopped (I mean I would still go but) going to Anime Conventions is because it has become a cesspool of obnoxious kids who are trying too hard to be cool. This crowd is what it was back then when AnimeCons was still a collection of people who are genuinely there for the sake of it.



My feet is sore from all the walking because there's just too much to see! And we haven't even done all the (paid) activities to boot! We've fan girled with seeing Ryu out of nowhere (I wasn't expecting to see him anymore because his event was around 10am, later on I would realize I am looking at the program leaflet wrong), saw some celebrities who were awarded for how they've contributed to our "history" from Hidilyn Diaz to Pia Wurtzbach and took tons and tons of photos of almost everything that is even slightly interesting.



Too bad Tsoukalos wasn't around I would have loved to see that large hair of his. Maybe next year? I've also learnt there where tons of freebies on the Saturday event so we might go to that schedule instead. All in all I've loved the experience. I see the reason why they even had a second round.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

T&J Weds: Getting a License at the Mandaluyong City Hall during the Pandemic (2021)

TME: Getting your NBI Clearance Easy

SNAP: BPI E-Prepaid Credit Card (12.23.11)