T&J Travels #6: Cebu 2016 (Part 3)

After a few hours of shut eye we are now back in the streets for the ff: to eat dinner and to find that choco mango I kept on talking about ever since I found it online:

+ Cebu Besto Pasalubong Atbp +

20161119_182721.jpg
Found at Salinas St. it is easy to miss. It's a huge store with barely anything on it that if it weren't for the huge colorful mural on one of it's walls it would definitely pass as a bodega. There are a lot of chocolate mangoes in different stores (even at the airport) but it looks like this brand is not found elsewhere. Got great reviews from those who we gave it to. A bit expensive but every bite of that dark chocolate with the chewy mango is irresistible at best.

+ Rico's Lechon +

Found 7 minutes from our hotel, my officemates were in love with this lechon in particular when a week ago one of them brought it to the office. Initially we were going to Larsian for dinner as well but went here instead since it's closer to home. And as far as I know it's just some type of hawker's area, I don't think we would miss anything if we didn't went.

20161119_190158

That is half kilo. They serve it with bones and all. No Sauce here!

[gallery ids="media-4,media-5,media-6" type="rectangular"]
Our arrival was just in time when after a few minutes of seating more came in groups. We ordered half kilo of lechon (good for 2), sinigang, chopsuey, 3 cups of rice (comes in a mini kaldero each) and two glasses of cucumansi.

Orders came by, our drinks forgotten. Even water wasn't served not until our 2nd or 3rd followup. Overall the food was good, the cucumansi my favorite. Reagan and I are officially cucumber drink lovers ever since we got a good one from Bohol and this one is a good twist. The calamansi jived amazingly with cucumber. As for the lechon, well, one good thing with it is that when I gave it to my boss noon of that Monday (when we flew back to Manila, we picked up our orders from Rico's around 8am, I got it to my office 4pm) and was told that the skin is still crunchy. For me the taste seems fresh, but definitely not life changing. Sadly, I have yet to find my favorite lechon. Will have to try CNT and Zubuchon next time around.

[gallery ids="3919,3914" type="rectangular"]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

T&J Weds: Getting a License at the Mandaluyong City Hall during the Pandemic (2021)

TME: Getting your NBI Clearance Easy

SNAP: BPI E-Prepaid Credit Card (12.23.11)